Help - I need chocolate, talk me out of it!

Options

Replies

• Fatbirdtalking
    Options
    freeze it then suck a square, lasts longer or options hot chocolate drink might take the craving away
  • Rivers2k
    Rivers2k Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Have a piece! 1 small square is nothing as far as calories, and it will be good for you.
  • likepepsicola
    likepepsicola Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    2 servings (4 tablespoons) of sugar free hershey chocolate syrup, or lite hershey chocolate syrup if you are intolerant to splenda like I am, mixed into 12 ounces of 0% greek yogurt. I like fage the best.

230 - 290 calories. Filling & satisfying, makes a huge portion compared to a tiny little chocolate bar that will only leave you wanting more and give you a sugar high & crash, relatively low sugar (compared to actual chocolate), barely any fat, & incredibly high in protein.

You're welcome.

tumblr_m4kslbWdd01rwcc6bo1_500.gif
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    I had 6 pieces yesterday. Milk Chocolate. My diary is open.
  • Vince_1964
    Vince_1964 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Why not just have a bit?? Do so in moderation ... If you completely eliminate things you enjoy, you're less likely to stick to aany behavioral modification. i like beer, I like wine, and I like chocolate - so ... I have them. Not every day, and not to excess ... but they are still there!!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    1 cup Greek yogurt
    1 TBS unsweetened cocoa powder (great source of iron)
    sweeten to taste with whatever you use. I like a tablespoon of maple syrup.

It tastes like chocolate pudding or mousse and has tons of protein and iron. And it's chocolate.
    Unsweetened cocoa powder in oatmeal with a banana & walnuts. Use whatever sweetener you like. Reminds me of hot lava cake! Also deep, dark chocolate is satisfying and self limiting because it is intense!
    nice alternatives if I'm out of dark. Thanks!
  • amycds
    amycds Posts: 4
    Options
    Sounds yummy! Thanks for the idea! I will try dark agave syrup to avoid the HFCS in the maple... can't wait to try it tonight!
  • REDI4CHANGE60
    Options
    I was just reading that chocolate cravings can indicate you need magnesium (chocolate has lots). If you really want to avoid the chocolate, you might want to consider a magnesium supplement.

This is good info ... didn't know!
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    All these people saying "have it"...

How about fight that craving! Don't let it get the better of you. You don't really need it.

You wil feel awesome if you win vs the craving.

Eventually you will stop craving. But only if you stop giving in to it.
  • smittieaj
    smittieaj Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    A hershey bar is 210 calories. I say enjoy it and log it and move on with your life knowing at some point in the future you aren't going to break down and eat 3000 calories worth of candy in one sitting.

Solid advice here^^^^.

If you don't allow yourself some fun, eventually your tastebuds might rebel.
  • salcha76
    salcha76 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    your head needs the "fix" not your tummy....so find out what is triggering the I WANT CHOCOLATE now situation....and tackle it a diferant way....if all else fails suck on a hersheys kiss & savor every last calorie & move on....
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Just eat the chocolate and post it!
  • likepepsicola
    Options
    I had 6 pieces yesterday. Milk Chocolate. My diary is open.

tumblr_inline_mjwg1n1WC91qz4rgp.gif

I had 6 reese's white chocolate eggs yesterday.

Go big or go home. One small piece, a fun size candy bar, etc = a tease. Freeze it and suck on a square? What? That's like a sin to the chocolate gods. When I eat real chocolate I EAT CHOCOLATE. Otherwise no thanks. imo, a rare day of spending most of your cals on chocolate (or whatever else you crave) won't affect you. Maybe the scale will go up the next day with some water weight, but that's it.

If you don't want to do that, then you can always fit 200 or whatever calories of chocolate into a regular day....you don't have to ban the food you like. There is no good or bad food. When it comes to weight loss (not nutrition/health itself...just strictly weight), there is no difference between x calories of chocolate and x calories of (insert any other food here). If it fits into your calorie allotment, you can eat it.
  • likepepsicola
    Options
    I was just reading that chocolate cravings can indicate you need magnesium (chocolate has lots). If you really want to avoid the chocolate, you might want to consider a magnesium supplement.

This is good info ... didn't know!

I take 750mg of magnesium a day for heart & digestion issues and still crave chocolate.
  • filthyfit12
    Options
    Quest bar. Or dark chocolate.
  • yager8725
    yager8725 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I put just a little hot chocolate mix in my coffee...It saves me every time!
  • MeIShouldB
    MeIShouldB Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Why not just have a couple of pieces of dark chocolate?

This was going to be my response. You dont really need to be talked out of it. Trying to deny EVERY craving will get you off course. When you give in to a craving, do it in a smart and portion controlled way.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Just factor it in to your intake. Chocolate rocks.
  • LaSutopia
    LaSutopia Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    "Why not have a little....eat in moderation....a little won't hurt" says the masses, and I took that advice (and gave it) for a while.....But turns out that could not be more WRONG for me.....FOR ME. I can NOT eat any chocolate with out wanting more and more and more! There is no "curbing the craving" for me...I can not just eat a small piece and that be it. I have tried. I tried eating one hershey kiss cause I was craving it....and then I ate another and another cause the minute I put it in my mouth the sugar takes over and I want more....Then I tried just buying one small piece at a time so it was not here to eat more of...that failed to! I would just run down the street to the store (in my car-not acctually run, it's not safe here) and get another piece....I JUST tossed out a bunch of Easter candy that was brought here for the kids cause I just can't have it in the house. I let them eat some in front of the gifters and I mindlessly started eating it and in about 30 seconds I had consumed 200 calories (which is not a lot of chocolate) and I KNEW I had to get rid of it once they left or the 2 weeks I have barely managed to get back on the wagon would be lost and I would be eating everything in site again....That is what chocolate (or sugar) does to me....It makes me want more and crave more until it is unbearable and I feel like a drug addict must feel...I break down and eat it, then crave more, then try to fill the need with other food, then cry cause I gain a few lbs at the end of that week from all the eating...So FOR ME I have to not buy it, not have it in the house AT ALL and I can mostly stay on track. I have the strength to walk past it at the store but that is IT.......again FOR ME. Everyone is different and some people can eat it and fit it in and not spiral out of control...I am jealous of those people:) lol.....but I have found out I can't....you have to find out what works for you. For me, there IS something wrong with "just a little" and a little does hurt. Try it out and see if it curbs your craving or if you are like me or somewhere in between....I wish you luck and the courage to find out what works and the power to stick to it :)
  • Riemersma4
    Riemersma4 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    why on God's grean earth would you give up chocolate and create a 'resentment state' for yourself?!?!

Have a SMALL piece of dark chocolate. Chew it in small bites, very mindfully, enjoying every second of it. Factor it in to your calroie chart and move forward.

Life is too short not to have a littel chocolate. I eat the Dove dark choc squares. 42 calories. I eat them in three bites. Friggin' heaven!

Good luck!