To eat or not to eat...

Options
dwarfer22
dwarfer22 Posts: 358 Member
OK, I need to know. When it is 11:30 am and my body is screaming HUNGRY!!!! at me, do i eat or wait til noon? I always try to push it off cuz I have a BIG problem w/ night snacking and I try to stay full til late. The other part of me has read that you have to get your body to "trust" you by responding to hunger signals immediately to correct the low metabolism caused by calorie restriction. Any thoughts?

Replies

• KimmyBee
    KimmyBee Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should try having a more filling or larger breakfast to ward off those hunger pangs till lunchtime?

but if not I'd drink loads of water and maybe a piece of fruit, something small just to keep you going.

Theres no point in being hungry, because then you will just need to gorge yourself come lunch just to make up for the time lost with hunger!
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    OK, I need to know. When it is 11:30 am and my body is screaming HUNGRY!!!! at me, do i eat or wait til noon? I always try to push it off cuz I have a BIG problem w/ night snacking and I try to stay full til late. The other part of me has read that you have to get your body to "trust" you by responding to hunger signals immediately to correct the low metabolism caused by calorie restriction. Any thoughts?

Have you eaten your snack between breakfast and Lunch? if not I would eat my snack that way I could enjoy my lunch. Or you can eat a small portion of your lunch. I just would eat something small yogurt, apple, fiber bar etc. Good Luck
  • Beleau
    Beleau Posts: 143
    Options
    Hi,

I am guessing noon is lunch time...if yes you may want to consider including a snack (your health choice) between breakfast and lunch.
  • lreed
    lreed Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    If you aren't quite wanting to eat yet, maybe try a few almonds and water to hold you over:flowerforyou:
  • stringsNlinks
    stringsNlinks Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    If you aren't quite wanting to eat yet, maybe try a few almonds and water to hold you over:flowerforyou:

I agree...7 almonds & a glass of water do the trick for me. I don't always get to eat at the exact time because of work and this keeps me from getting to hungry and overeating when I finally get lunch. Good luck
  • beloggins1
    Options
    Try raw almonds. They help with the hunger and have the crunch value. Probably a handful or around 10 whole almonds will work. Eat them slowly and chew a lot - one at a time. They a:happy: re good for you. You really must have morning and afternoon snacks to help with the hunger. OBTW try and stay away from processed foods like bars. They are usually high in calories.
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    If it's just 30 minutes, eat! Or if u must wait until 12, eat some baby carrots and drink some water to hold you over. I try to wait until certain times to eat too, and for lunch especially I am always starving.
  • Pariah
    Pariah Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    i try to have a small snack between meals. i have a rule that i can have as many veggies as i want. so if i'm still hungry after my snack, i can go ahead and have a salad with no dressing (or those salad spritzers), some carrots, or some celery.
  • TheRealMeInside
    Options
    Don't go hungry. If you're not getting much already try adding some more fiber to your breakfast. It will keep you fuller longer. I understand the need to hold off on lunch- eat it too soon and you'll have to eat dinner sooner and then more time for snacking. Sooo... if that doesn't work, try some veges and fat free Ranch or something else that takes time to eat and is low in fat and calories:smile: .
  • BetterVersion
    Options
    I'm the same way. Sticking to a schedule is very important to me. I try my best to get involved with something that will distract me.
  • aesoprok
    aesoprok Posts: 70
    Options
    I have the same problem before meals. If i'm not willing to use up calories that i'm saving for meal time, i'll have a cup of coffee or tea, followed by a taste of sugar - like a mint, stick of gum, or a jolly rancher. This seems to really help me when im working.

Veggies are also a great idea. Try a little protien boost, like a hard boiled egg or a wedge of cheese sandwiched between whole grain crackers.
  • dwarfer22
    dwarfer22 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    thx all for great advice. I decided to split the difference and eat at 11:45 :tongue: . Today I bought some almonds. Won't happen again. yay!

-Mel
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,119 Member
    Options
    She didn't really say to have some SUGAR to snack on, did she?????????????????????? :noway: :ohwell: