What is Whey Protien?

Options
Can anyone tell me more about Whey protien? How do you guys include it into your diets.. also any hints on some good and healthy smoothy recipies I could enjoy as a healthy meal replacement? Thanks guys!!! Have a nice day!!!

Replies

• thisisme13
    thisisme13 Posts: 150
    Options
    Whey protein is a result of making dairy products.

I use it now and again as a protein suppliement. When I am short on my protein goals for the day I will have a protien shake.

I personally wouldn't use it as a meal replacement... however I don't believe in drinking a shake or smoothie for a meal as you can get much better nutrients from a real meal.
  • teez52
    teez52 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I drop 2 scoops of it into a blender bottle with about 8oz of 2% milk in the morning (along with 5g of creatine) and that is my breakfast. Some of the protein powders taste ok, best I have found so far are Optimum Nutrition and Muscle Pharm, but everyone has their favorites. It's an easy, fast 380 calorie breakfast with 56g of protein.

If you want to get real fancy, you can blend up some berries with ice and make smoothies or use some yogurt and make a shake with the protein. Other people add it to oatmeal or pancakes, check a quick google search and you'll have a field day.