Desk Job

joneswife09
joneswife09 Posts: 207 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
Any of you have ideas for ways to get a decent work out for those of us who sit at a desk all day long. I work in a store by myself so doing a little exercise isn't hard, but I can't exactly be sweating bullets when a customer comes in either. I actually did do a 20 minute workout yesterday and I worked up a sweat. Just looking for suggestions for burning some calories while I'm here at work. Thanks.:happy:

Replies

• paige2010
    paige2010 Posts: 29 Member
    yoga? won't burn a huge amount, but will tone. I also bought like a mini pedal bike that fits under the desk. no wheels or anything but you can pedal under the desk and alter the resistance :)
  • joneswife09
    Thats a great idea! Thanks.
  • mlbazemore
    mlbazemore Posts: 252 Member
    I've had the same problem. For five years I worked in a convience store and when it wasn't busy I just didn't seem to do much. Now I work at the front desk of a motel and it's hardly ever busy and I sit here and watch tv most of the time. Let's just say I've gained quite a bit in my year and a half working hear.

Drink Cold Water
    Your body has to warm up the water before using it to hydrate your body. Every time your body warms up a 16 ounce glass of ice water you burn an extra 17.5 calories. When you drink the recommended daily allowance of water you will be burning an extra 140 calories a day!

Take more steps throughout the day...an average of 20 steps will burn more calories...so I guess you might take a couple extra tips up and down the isles...lol
  • mlbazemore
    mlbazemore Posts: 252 Member
    Do you own a petal bike? I've been thinking about getting one myself and I'm a little skeptical.
  • joneswife09
    I don't own one. Not sure how much they cost. It would give your legs a work out, but not sure how effective. Thanks for the tips. Today was not such a good day. Had movie theater popcorn and icees. Bad idea!! I went way over my calories.
This discussion has been closed.