Inner hip/groin pain?

Options
I started having a nagging pain months ago that only really bothered me when I would do stretches such as butterfly. I recently started working on flexibility more, and it's bothering me a lot now. Not muscle pain, definitely connective tissue.

I never had an "injury moment" just started noticing the pain. It doesn't hurt when I run or do activities, just if my hip is pulled away in a stretch.

I won't take your anecdotes as serious medical advice, and obviously I should stop doing the things that hurt, but from what you all know, if I didn't have an injury, do I just rest, ice, etc, or should I get seen?

Anyone had a similar pain?

Replies

• baileybiddles
    baileybiddles Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Go to your doctor and get yourself checked out.

Two years ago, I was diagnosed with burcitis in my left hip. It started out as an infrequent, dull pain that only occured after stretching or exercise, and it is now chronic pain that follows me everywhere because I couldn't be bothered to get it checked on. It is not a condition that will ever go away. It will only get better as I lose weight, but it will never be completely gone.
  • Sweet_Pandora
    Sweet_Pandora Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I would suggest seeing a physio-therapist and/or your Dr. sooner rather than later.

I have just recovered from a hip/groin injury. Mine was a result of tearing the cartilage from the bone!

All the best!

Karen
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Thanks pals! I just emailed my doctor. I'm always trying to avoid having to deal with appointments, but I think you are right! I would hate to end up with something worse when I could have addressed it earlier.