Boot Camp circuit - calories burned

Options
I just did my first Boot Camp circuit at our local Y. It's advertised as "dynamic and intense circuit workout that incorporates cardio sprints, whole body toning, strength, power, balance and core conditioning". The circuit is 60-65 minutes followed by 15-20 minutes stretching. I thought I was in pretty good shape (working out 5-6 days a week), but the instructor really kicked my butt! I was drenched afterwards.

Anyway, my question: My heart rate monitor is calibrated for my age, current weight, and resting heart reate. It indicated I burned 1,300 calories in 80 minutes. Does that make sense? Usually, my HRM is pretty accurate.

Anyone thinks it's too much or pretty much on?

Replies

• saraharrison86
    Options
    Reading what you did you prob did burn that many calories! But I probe wouldn't eat all those extra calories ... that would double my calorie intake for the day!
    Sounds like a good workout though and could challenge you and be different every week!
    Keep it up
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Reading what you did you prob did burn that many calories! But I probe wouldn't eat all those extra calories ... that would double my calorie intake for the day!
    Sounds like a good workout though and could challenge you and be different every week!
    Keep it up
    Ditto on everything said!
  • Michelrs
    Michelrs Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I was not planning on eating all those calories (like you, it would double my daily allowance!). Actually, I'm not as hungry as I thought I would be (had a pretty sizable lunch though), so I'm having a hard time just to get my normal daily allotment.