Any Bariatric Sleevers?

Hi! I had a bariatric sleeve on 12/20/12 at Alexian Brothers Hospital in Elk Grove Village, IL. My doctor is Peter Rantis. I'm down 65 pounds now (from a pre-surg weight of 290.6). Been using myfitnesspal to track my protein and daily intakes. I eat about 900 calories a day, but that's a fight. Just wondered if there were any others out there. I like to share tips, suggestions, etc.

Replies

• EricTreloar
    EricTreloar Posts: 3 Member
    Hi hope you are doing well. I had bypass surgery on 11/12/12. Couldn't do the sleeve due to some other problems I was having but am very happy with the results. I'm down 76 lbs and am eating around 1400 cal/day now. Still need to get more protein and more water but feel pretty good.
    I am surprised at what food works for my new stomach and what foods do not. Like for instance I cannot eat cooked fish but anything raw is wonderful. And lucky for me it is low in fat and calories and very high in protein. Ie. sashimi and cocktail shrimp. I can eat a little sushi but the sticky rice is too much after 3 or 4 pieces. No chicken for me either but a half to one ounce of steak is ok if eaten slowly. Love chili and am experimenting with tofu, shrimp,, Chinese noodle and vegetable stir fries. So far so good but no white rice for me...way too much starch that breaks down quickly. At least that is what my body told me--because a 1/2 cup of mashed potatoes works just fine
  • :smile: I am new to this having just had my sleeve done this week. I was in hospital overnite and then home. Worst problem was allergies kicked in and sneezing 4 or 5 times in a row is painful. This is day 3 from surgery and I have lost the weight I gained from hospital Ivs. Went to walk the mall today for first time. Last two days I only walked to mail box a couple of times. Any non fruit flavored recommendations for protin intake?