I can't believe I just did that

Options
stylistchik
stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
This is so gross.

I have been craving butter. BUTTER. I never eat butter. I made some toast and planned to put butter on it. As my toast was cooking... I started eating the butter right out of the container. It was earth balance but its still just fat. I bet I ate 2 whole table spoons right there PLUS the portion I spread on my toast! thats 300 calories of pure fat. good god!

I logged it and plan to try to work most of that off now. I eat very little fat so maybe if I added a little more good fat each day I would not crave butter?? ...haha

wow.

Replies

• fiendiish
    fiendiish Posts: 186
    Options
    LMAO! WOW!

I think you should allow yourself some fat, woman! HAHAHA!
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    yeah! Definitely eat more fat in your diet! And definitely the good fat. I have been having the same issue, my doc recommended using organic coconut oil. Even if I go over by 100 cals, she said don't worry about the fat, it's a really good one for you!
  • rtmama
    rtmama Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I could do the same thing. I love the taste of salty butter. yum.

But yeah, I agree, start adding more olive oil, olives, coconut oil, avocados, nuts, peanut buttter etc.
  • beloggins1
    Options
    You should include some fats in your daily consumption, it helps the body function. The thing to stay away from are sugars all sugars fructose, glucose, corn syrups etc.
  • stylistchik
    Options
    I'm pretty good at sugar control - minus the occasional chocolate! but I love really dark chocolate and thats not as bad but I stopped eating as many nuts and peanut butter etc because its so high calorie... I'll have to add that back in. lol
  • casshole
    casshole Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. Yesterday, I ate dairy queen because they have a "buy one get one for a quarter" deal. I ate the whole thing. It was a small size, but i felt so horrible afterwards. You gota remember that minor set backs dont bust your efforts completely. Just move on :happy:
  • stylistchik
    Options
    yeah! Definitely eat more fat in your diet! And definitely the good fat. I have been having the same issue, my doc recommended using organic coconut oil. Even if I go over by 100 cals, she said don't worry about the fat, it's a really good one for you!

I've looked at coconut oil before but what do you use it for? cooking? I typically use a canola oil in a spray bottle for cooking...
  • KimmyBee
    KimmyBee Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I have a wierd thing with butter.

I spread it so thickly on my own toast and I love it.

But I cant watch other people eat butter on toast or anything because it just discusts me to the point of wanting to throw up.

am I strange?
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    There was a commercial on TV a few years ago, can't remember what they were selling. But the dad is saying how much groceries cost for their family with teenage boys. Then he looks over at one of his kids, standing with fridge door open, eating a stick of butter. The dad says, "Are you eating BUTTER??" DH and I always cracked up at it. Now, whenever we catch each other eating something at the fridge, we say, "Are you eating BUTTER??" lol :laugh:

Sorry I have no nutritional advice for you, just had to share that laugh. :bigsmile:
  • WrittenInRed
    WrittenInRed Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    That is strange. But usually when you crave something out of the ordinary it is just your body's way of letting you know that you need something more in your diet. I think people are giving you really good suggestions when it comes to adding good fat to your diet! I am sure once you do that you won't crave butter anymore! :wink:
  • stylistchik
    Options
    There was a commercial on TV a few years ago, can't remember what they were selling. But the dad is saying how much groceries cost for their family with teenage boys. Then he looks over at one of his kids, standing with fridge door open, eating a stick of butter. The dad says, "Are you eating BUTTER??" DH and I always cracked up at it. Now, whenever we catch each other eating something at the fridge, we say, "Are you eating BUTTER??" lol :laugh:

Sorry I have no nutritional advice for you, just had to share that laugh. :bigsmile:

There was a YMCA commercial like that too and it had a lady on her couch just eating a stick of butter. I actually thought of that commercial AS I was doing it and I thought 'you're eating butter!" HAHA
  • stylistchik
    Options
    I have a wierd thing with butter.

I spread it so thickly on my own toast and I love it.

But I cant watch other people eat butter on toast or anything because it just discusts me to the point of wanting to throw up.

am I strange?

Someone once told me if you think someone is 'normal' than you just don't know them well enough. :smile:
  • beloggins1
    Options
    Instead of process peanut butter, go to a health food store like Whole Foods and get nut butter from their peanut - nut butter grinder Lower in calories and so much better for you. It actually taste just like peanut butter. Still have to use moderation, but it will satisfy that need! Almond and cashew nut butters are great also
  • beloggins1
    Options
    If you have a whole foods they carry Coconut spray oil from Spectrum. It's great for cooking on High temperatures and adds a great taste with 0 calories
  • kellycrow
    kellycrow Posts: 140
    Options

YES!! Discover card (showing that that particular family uses their bonus dollars to buy food for their boys)... we use that quote ALL THE TIME and I love it!! Sometimes people look at us like we have three heads, but I love it! We have a son who is 8... weighs all of 45-50 lbs... but eats EVERYTHING in sight... that commercial might just become too much reality for us one of these days!!

I just ate 7 hershey's kisses while getting ready for my 12 yr old's b-day party... good thing i worked out today!! :o)

And yes - good fats are important for your body, too... I like to get mine with avocados!! YUM!!
  • stylistchik
    Options
    Instead of process peanut butter, go to a health food store like Whole Foods and get nut butter from their peanut - nut butter grinder Lower in calories and so much better for you. It actually taste just like peanut butter. Still have to use moderation, but it will satisfy that need! Almond and cashew nut butters are great also

We don't have a whole foods near by but we have an AWESOME health food store that carries all that stuff. I don't eat processed foods that aren't usda organic so the peanut butter I get is the real stuff. I'll have to look for that spray coconut oil. I'm pretty sure if I ask for it, they'll order it, too.
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options

I've looked at coconut oil before but what do you use it for? cooking? I typically use a canola oil in a spray bottle for cooking...

I have been using it for my cooking and usingit on my potato instead of butter. I love the taste of coconut so it's really yummy!
  • sweetrevenge
    Options

Absolutely LOVE organic coconut oil. My house is never without it. Coconut oil is awesome!!! You can use it to cook with, put on your skin, use as hair conditioner and I use to oil my dread locks as a moisturizer. Yeah coconut oil is GREAT and yummy!!!
  • beloggins1
    Options
    Just check the ingredients, sometimes they add sugars and still can be organic.
  • stylistchik
    Options
    I'll have to check out the coconut oil thing. Does it taste like coconut? I tried coconut water and that was disgusting. Obviously its used differently! :laugh: but I did expect it to have a coconut flavor. I've heard that its good top cook with though especially in high heat and I'm a HUGE stir-fry fanatic so that would be an easy way to add it in. Thanks for all your help guys! And also your support of my gross indulgence! P.S. I did work it all off and I'm proud of it! :happy: