are digital scales accurate?

Options
I work in a doctors office and used that balance beam scale and it measured 2 lbs more than the brand new taylors digital scale I have at home.which is right!!! lol I was so mad lol

Replies

• Poisonyve
    Options
    I work in a doctors office and used that balance beam scale and it measured 2 lbs more than the brand new taylors digital scale I have at home.which is right!!! lol I was so mad lol
  • Jayberian
    Jayberian Posts: 60
    Options
    I say....whichever says you weight the least, is the RIGHT one! :laugh:

I have the weight watchers digital scale here at home, but every time I visit the dr, I weigh about 4 pounds heavier there. But any scale I've ever owned always said I weighed less than the dr's scale. Darn doctors! :tongue:
  • Jayberian
    Jayberian Posts: 60
    Options
    I say....whichever says you weight the least, is the RIGHT one! :laugh:

I have the weight watchers digital scale here at home, but every time I visit the dr, I weigh about 4 pounds heavier there. But any scale I've ever owned always said I weighed less than the dr's scale. Darn doctors! :tongue:

i meant "WEIGH the least", not "weighT". sorry, i hate when i make typo's, i had to correct it! :blushing:
  • heatther
    heatther Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem when I go to the dr. We bought a new scale and had the same problem. But I like the new one because it has the point. I i know if i lost a few ounces! LOL
  • avr1321
    avr1321 Posts: 96
    Options
    some scales, like ones in doctor's offices, can be "weighed". meaning that they have extra weight on them. I say, if you use your digital scale every time you weight your self for check-ins on the site, then just go by that one. its easy and more accurate to just use the same scale for all check-ins.
  • lovesdaisies
    Options
    The only problem I find with my digital scale is that it fluctuates each time I step on it. If I step on it five times in a row, I'll get five completely different weights. So I just keep weighing myself until I get the same weight twice, then I take that number. We have a doctor's scale, as well, and that one is always consistent. But the person who responded above, was right. The digital allows you to weigh down to a tenth of an ounce (or mine every .2, .4, .6, etc. ounces). An ounce is an ounce! Heck...if I lose an ounce a day I'm happy!!!

Don't forget that when you weigh in at the doctor's office you're also clothed, you might have eaten a meal, drank something...that alone could add a couple of pounds (that is, if you weigh yourself first thing am, naked, without ingesting any fluids like I do!!).