MFP recording on a cruise ship...

Options
Greetings,

We are cruising from NY to Florida and the Bahamas in April (YAY!). I have logged on to MyFitnessPal for 245 days straight since last July (YAY again!). When we are cruising, I will log in my food and use my FitBit. My question: will being offshore break my "record" of logging in days or will MFP adjust once I am ashore again?

Anyone have any experience?

Thank you,
Richard

Replies

• shayemimi
    shayemimi Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I just took cruise in Feb. and there was internet on board. It wasn't cheap, but I logged on my phone or tablet with the internet off, then once a day logged on and let it update and didn't lose any days :) I think I payed about 75 cents a minute. I also wanted to contact my 19 year old son at home , so I was going to get internet anyway... They also had computers on board, so if you don't want to bring a device you can sign in from there... also, at the ports there was some locations with free wifi! :D

Congrats for logging in so consistently! I'm almost at 200 :D.
  • TigressPat
    TigressPat Posts: 722
    Options
    not sure what your question is, but you can get internet on all cruise lines.
    it's slow and expensive, so the real question is, is your record worth the money and bother, or should you just enjoy your vacation?
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    My cruise broke my tracking record. No way was I paying the outrageous internet fees out at sea, nor the roaming fees to use my cell phone to log.
  • TigressPat
    TigressPat Posts: 722
    Options
    just as an aside, it's bloody cold leaving NY!
    plan some activities inside or bring warm clothes!