Please Help! I'm not losing any weight or inches!

Options
2»

Replies

• thisisme13
    thisisme13 Posts: 150
    Options
    I'm eating 1300 calories. My doctor told me I needed to lower my calories to 1300 and increase my activity. He said I need to burn more calories than I eat.

You are burning more than 1300 calories a day at rest if you were to stay in bed all day.

Netting too little will increase the amount of muscle you lose. Less muscle means less calories being burned.

See a nutritionist for diet advice as opposed to a doctor. Doctor's don't know much about nutrition..
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    you are overestimating the number of calories you are burning.

I use a heart rate monitor to track my calories.

I cannot stress enough the importance of getting and using a digital kitchen scale. weigh and log all your food. It is about 20 bucks at Target or WalMart, and very easy to use. You'll be amazed at the difference in serving sizes. For instance, I have chips that say a serving size is 140 cals for 15 chips (40g) but in reality, only 9 chips is 40g/ 140cals
  • fitnessfirework
    Options
    I bought a food scale 3 months ago and I use it daily, several times a day. I don't know what I would do without it. I measure everything.
  • kayla7jackson
    Options
    You may be eating too few calories. That happened to me, was eating 1200 and my doctor told me to up it to 1600 and I started to lose weight again. Sounda crazy but it works. Try 1500/1600.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    You may be eating 1300 calories, but from looking at your diary, some days your sodium level is through the roof - 2500 to 3533, and that is in one day. If you were to continue this for the whole week, there is no way you will be losing weight. You need to cut back on the sodium to at least 1800-2500.
  • ImRadical4Jesus
    ImRadical4Jesus Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Here is part of my journey:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/928312-1-year-anniversary-36-pounds-lost-with-pics

When I saw the dietitian, she told me not to eat under 1500. I have had several plateaus one lasting 117 days. I know how you feel. But I also learned through test with my dr. that my hormones and thyroid and a few other things are out of wack which has kept me from losing more than I have. Just keep on working out, getting your cardio and eating healthy! It will come off!
  • leahloves2run
    leahloves2run Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    bump
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    I bought a food scale 3 months ago and I use it daily, several times a day. I don't know what I would do without it. I measure everything.

Oh okay, good for you! I thought you might not be logging accurately because they were saying your diary isn't complete many days or has missing days. Just make sure you are logging everything accurately. :)
  • jennylynnfrazier
    Options
    Bump
  • JourneyingJessica
    JourneyingJessica Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Youve lost 81 pounds in 5 months thats awesome!!!!

I have some advice. Go back and look at your weight loss. I did recently it was eye opening.

I had one 'plateau' where i only lost 4 lbs in a month. A couple weeks later i started a four week period where i lost 16.

Im going through another one now & am hoping i have a big drop coming ????????
  • Siege_Tank
    Siege_Tank Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    rut roh, it's an undead thread. Kill it!!!
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing and measuring all of your food?
  • Soccermavrick
    Soccermavrick Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    The day I catch the post happens to be the day you eat McDonald's AND Wendy's. Looking at you log, my question is this, it seems to indicate that you are aiming at 1900. And I am not seeing any beverages, water or otherwise logged. And you seem to be taking in all of your calories in a cluster not spread-out. (Maybe you have better days, but I am going with what I see.)

Here are my thoughts - A) you need to find another doctor to get a second opinion on calories, maybe even a nutritionalist. Either your doctor was not paying attention and realized you needed help, you missed something they were trying to say taking it out of context, or they were in too much of a hurry to think it thru, either way, bad advice. B) Mother to two young kids, odds are your body would burn 1,880-2,000 calories with little outside exercise. (I am not a professional so I am only making a guess based on myself and friends.) Exercise is good, but our bodies are survivors so if we do not properly feed it, then it will go into a starvation mode where it stores fat, instead of burning it, to keep from starving. (Many of us on MFP have probably faced this same issue.) Hence the idea is to hit the right range of calories, not too many, not to few, so that your body has fuel to burn, but not excess to store.
  • Siege_Tank
    Siege_Tank Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    lol no one noticed the time stamp on the original post, it was back in march.

<.<

>.>

*someone* rezzed this...
  • donnatilden
    donnatilden Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was told the exact same thing for many years by my doctor. They said I need to burn more then I eat. I have lost 40 pounds but now for 2 months haven't lost much of anything. I am ow burning between 900 and 1100 calories. Doc told me to stay at 1300 calories for what I eat. I am getting very discouraged.