I knew I hated the treadmill

Options
Giving the elliptical a break and changing it up a bit, I chose to start the treadmill yesterday. Day two of 45 minute brisk walks and the balls of my feet are on FIRE!!! Back to the elliptical I go!

That is all.

Replies

• bonitacash08
    bonitacash08 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I too hated the treadmill (running to be exact) but it is a beast that I will conquer. I do interval speed training on it. I started doing 2 minutes walking and then 2 minutes running and have increased the running time while leaving the walking time the same.
  • mwooderson
    mwooderson Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I'm not a huge fan of cardio equipment but it serves a purpose. I prefer the elliptical but to mix it up I like to do the "Random" program on the treadmill.
  • amazon35
    amazon35 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    your body may need the change though. I changed from the treadmill to the elip and this past week I've lost 5lbs. My body liked the change. Start off slower on the treadmill and then work your way up. I used to get shin splints and the balls of my feet on fire because i tried to just go for the gusto. This time I tried gradually increasing the speed and incline and have had no issues.