Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Now let me get this straight...NROL4W

I just recently purchased this book and want to start doing the program but I want to get this workout schedule/program straight. For stage 1 workout...on the chart when it says...

......................... Sets ......................... Reps ............. rest
Squat
workout 1,2.......... 2 ............................ 15 .............. 60
Workout 3, 4......... 2 ............................12 ................60
Workout 5, 6 .........3 ........................... 10 ................ 60
Workout 7, 8 .........3 .............................8 ............... 60

B2 seated row

C1
Ditto

C2
Ditto

I was a bit confused as to how this works and just want to clarify. So, I do the squats 4 times at 15 reps (2 each of exercise 1, 2), 4 times at 12 reps (2 each of exercise 3,4), 6 times with 10 reps (3 each exercise of 5, 6), and 6 times at 8 reps (3 of each exercise 7, 8)? Then with the alternating exercises it's the same thing but alternate between the 2 (B1 push-ups, B2- seated rows) doing sets 4, 4, 6, and 6 and same for C1 and C2? Is this correct? I just want to make sure I'm doing this right. Also, approx how long does workout A and B take you to complete?

Also, on a side note...I currently am doing the JM RI30 and Shred with weights back to back for a total of about 1 hour. I do this in the afternoons 3 days/week (M/W/F) and was planning to do the NROL4W in the evening so I can also work out with my husband who is just getting back into weights after 13 years (he wants to get back into shape now that I'm getting all buff, lol). Is this to much strength training for 1 day? On the off days (T/TH or Sat) I do some sort of cardio work if/when my schedule allows it. A big thanks in advance!

I posted this in the actual group but thought I'd post it here too.

Replies

• grantdumas7
    grantdumas7 Posts: 802 Member
    Squats would be 2 sets of 15 reps for workout 1 and 2. The most sets you will do is 3 during 7 and 8. Looks like you are correct for the alternating exercises. Do B1 for X amount of reps, rest, do C1 For X amount of reps, rest and repeat.
  • fruitloop2
    fruitloop2 Posts: 437 Member
    Squats would be 2 sets of 15 reps for workout 1 and 2. The most sets you will do is 3 during 7 and 8. Looks like you are correct for the alternating exercises. Do B1 for X amount of reps, rest, do C1 For X amount of reps, rest and repeat.

So workout 1,2 ( workout 3,4, workout 5,6, and workout 7,8) is counting as 1 exercise not 2 therefore I only do 2 sets and not 4? That is where I'm getting screwed up. I just want to get this straight before I start it tomorrow.
  • fruitloop2
    Ok, got an answer in the other post I made on the group that explains it all much better.
  • grantdumas7
    grantdumas7 Posts: 802 Member

So workout 1,2 ( workout 3,4, workout 5,6, and workout 7,8) is counting as 1 exercise not 2 therefore I only do 2 sets and not 4? That is where I'm getting screwed up. I just want to get this straight before I start it tomorrow.
    It counts as 1 exercise. So you would do workout 1, rest for X amount of days do workout 2, rest for a couple of days and workout 3. Rinse and repeat.
  • fruitloop2
    :smile:

It counts as 1 exercise. So you would do workout 1, rest for X amount of days do workout 2, rest for a couple of days and workout 3. Rinse and repeat.

Yup, lightbulb moment...got it now, thanks! :smile: looking forward to lifting weights!
  • Fr3shStrt
    Fr3shStrt Posts: 349 Member
    There is a group here for people who are following that program. Everyone is super nice and helpful.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/102-new-rules-of-lifting-for-women-nrol4w