Meal Planning

fiendiish
fiendiish Posts: 186
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Do you plan your meals for the week? How do you go about it? Do you plan for yourself separately from your family or all together? All information is dearly welcomed. I need some help in this regard. I tend to cook on the fly and plan meals by the day...which is ASKING for trouble.

Replies

• aesoprok
    aesoprok Posts: 70
    I buy groceries weekly, and stock up on my favorite go to meals. I buy canned beans, brown rice, fruits and veggies, etc. I plan what i will eat (including snacks) the night before. Then i do my best to stick to it. My daughter is only 15 months old, and my BF works in a restaurant and is a hopeless fast food junkie so... i really only have to buy for myself.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    i meal plan. i love it! i will come back and post how i do it, but right now i need to leave to go to the rockies game. :) i post my weekly menu on my blog each week if you want to check out what we eat. http://www.everythingisbetterwithcheese.blogspot.com
    dawn
  • cathcakey
    cathcakey Posts: 288 Member
    I have a bad habit of doing that too - even worse I shop when I'm hungry - disaster!! I try and sit down with my boyfriend about once a week and we plan our dinners for the next few days, then one of us will do the shop. Doesn't always work out as planned but it's so much nicer (and a lot harder to cheat) when you know exactly what you're gonna be eating each evening
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,760 Member
    I plan the day before. I put everything I plan on eating into my food diary and adjust from there to make sure I stay within my limits. I don't make anything different for me than I do for my husband, I just eat smaller portions. Hope this helps.
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    I plan mine in the morning. Kids grown and gone, hubby passed so I only have to feed myself.
  • Pariah
    Pariah Posts: 97 Member
    i've never been good at meal planning. my mother inadvertently taught this to me. i try sometimes to plan a few days ahead. if i can remember that pay day is coming, then i plan something for that day, because i don't want to be caught dead at the commissary on pay day. our downfall though is that we plan something in advance, and by the time it rolls around to eat that we aren't in the mood for it anymore.
This discussion has been closed.