Yesterday.... defeat, today...victory

Options
FUELERDUDE
FUELERDUDE Posts: 150 Member
Yesterday started out as an awesome day. Work went fairly well and even the stonglifts went well.....Then came to cardio side of my routine. I have become accustumed to being able to pick up .5 mph every day of my c25k program and be able to keep with it throughout the entire session... Well that didn't happen. I started out the jog at 7.5 MPH for 5 minutes, walked 3.5 for 1 minute and I was able to repeat this the second part. On the third jogging session, my body just wasn't having it, I had to slow down to a light jog by the end of the 5 minutes. I tried to finnish the session as the program indicates, but I just could not (My legs were wobbly and lungs were burning.). I listened to my body and set the treadmill for a level 9 weight loss program for the rest of my cardio.

I came home, was dissapointed and upset with myself, so I vented on my home page about this. I was given reasons to look to the positive and realized that that is just what happened for that day. I should feel accomplished for even being able to do what I was able to for as long as I did, as well as be proud of my accomplishment with regards of how far I had progressed since starting. I should have also been proud that I didn't stop completely and perservered even if it wasn't what I had intended.

I started today with a positive attitude and wished all MFP freinds a good day as I was appreciative of the input and support yesterday. I also started to think more of how I probably just pushed too far in regards to speed with the decreasing rest times. I resolved to set a slower pace as well as do a better job of just "zoning out for the run and focusing on the music" (It works for me).

On my run today, I started at a slower pace (6.6 MPH) and trucked on through the session. I slowed twice for short 1 minute breaks but I was able to do it today. Not only did I show up and put forth my best effort again, I was rewarded with a sub 30 minute 5k time. 2 months ago, I wouldn't have thought this to be possible. I was just hoping for a 35 minute 5k time at the end of the c25k program and I have far surpassed that.

Replies

• asmithstl
    asmithstl Posts: 50
    Options
    That's what it is all about! Never accept defeat. When life throws a little dirt on you, use it to step up out of the rut. Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!