Salad dressing - what's your favorite?

Options
13»

Replies

• MelissaVoci
    MelissaVoci Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I just started adding a little bit of marinated artichoke hearts into my salad, and found that I can use just a little bit of the juice, and skip dressing alltogether :)
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    KEN'S fat-free sun dried tomato Vinaigrette. Hands down. I buy bottles of it when I can find it. When I can't I actually order it online lol.
  • Southernlady1988
    Options
    I enjoy a low cal tasty asian dressing called "ponzu" also, you can purchase a low cal olive oil and combine it with your favorite seasonings with a lil lemon juice and garlic. lowfat ranch is so easy to make! buy some low fat butter milk, vegan or low fat mayo, salt, pepper, or seasoning of your choice and herbs of your choice! *Brooke*
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Marie's yogurt dressing Feta Cheese! Sooooo good! 35 cals for 1 tbsp, which is usually enough for me. I also like the Bolthouse dressings that I've tried.
  • xDawnsgrace
    xDawnsgrace Posts: 436
    Options
    while these may not be low-cal, chipotle ranch, spicy ranch, or buttermilk ranch! :p (i really like ranch.)
  • ldbuster0
    ldbuster0 Posts: 207
    Options
    I don't have a favorite. I'm looking for something that I like, because I really don't like salads. I just make myself eat them.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Recently, I've been in love with ponzu. It's basically just very citrus flavored soy sauce.

I also do a homemade honey mustard that's great. Just add to a little mason jar and shake til emulsified.

honey + dijon + rice vinegar + olive oil + herbs
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Homemade raspberry vinagrette! You can lower the cals by using artificial sweetener if you don't fear them.
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I LOVE ranch but don't eat much of it anymore. The fat and calorie content just isn't worth it. I make vinagrettes at home. You can make pretty much any flavor you want. I also love the chipoltle tobasco on salad.
  • fresh_start59
    fresh_start59 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Ken's fat-free raspberry pecan dressing.
    No fat, but it has 10g of sugar, 12g of carbs and 50 calories.

I love it on fresh spinach with a couple ounces of chicken breast and some crumbled bleu cheese or cheddar.
  • 2EggsSeparated
    Options
    I like to put cottage cheese on top of my salads.