Made the change

Options
KimmyBee
KimmyBee Posts: 158 Member
Today I have just gone through my cupboard and got rid of all of my unhealthy junk and replaced it with healthier alternatives. Ive gotten loads of brown rice and pasta, brown bread, loads of beans and pulses, tinned fruit and veg (as well as fresh, of course, the tinns are just there as a backup!) and loooads of tinned fish.. I love fish, but my boyfriend wont eat it so to avoid waste I usually go for tinned unless I plan on eating the same fish several days/meals in a row!

Ive cleaned out my fridge too. youd be suprised what lurks at the back of the shelves o.o

Everything that isnt healthy, has either been gotten rid of or replaced with a healthier alternative!

Just wondered if anyone else felt the need to do a major cleanout like this when they first started their weight loss plan, or if hey felt like they had the will power to use it all up without going crazy ad buying healthier alternatives when they ran out..

or do you just eat the same foods as before but in more moderation?

oh and dont worry. nothing was wasted, it all went to the boyfriend (ie bottomless pit) or friends. I hate wasting food.

Replies

• ctaylor77
    Options
    Great job cleaning out the cabinets. We've slowly over the last two years switched to mostly healthy foods. The brown rice and wheat noodles took a little getting used to, but now I prefer it. My will power is LOW! I tend to eat worse at work and lunch then I do at home. Maybe I need to clean out the work cupboards!!
  • Funnydream
    Funnydream Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Kim - that's a great idea to clean out the shelves, cupboards and fridge. Psychologically it feels very cleansing too - out with the old and in with the new! I am going to follow your example!
  • KimmyBee
    KimmyBee Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Thanks to both of you!

Yes it was very refreshing for the mind.!

Now I haven't got to worry about accidentaly slipping, and I have found that if I feel a crave coming along, if the thing i am craving is not directly at hand Its so much easier. As by the time ive decided whether or not its worth going to the store to get it the craving has passed!

It also causes my partner to eat healthier too, even if he isnt having the same meals as me!
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! My hubby and I joke that when he goes to the grocery store I complain about all the money he wastes on the 'junk food he buys thats making me fat' haha so I just go without him, save the money, skip the 'junk' and then he HAS to eat better cuz thats all thats in the house!! :laugh: :laugh:

Way to go!!