Intersting results (bloodwork)

boes462
boes462 Posts: 5
edited September 20 in Success Stories
February 25th of this year i weighed 384 lbs. My blood pressure was 190/117. I was feeling horrible.
My doctor gave me an additional blood pressure med to take every evening. Still felt horrible, but my blood pressure was better not good but better.
I began the Atkins Diet, and stayed on it until March 16. My doctor called with results from my bloodwork.
Overall cholesterol was 190 my triglecerides were 1066 (160+ is considered critically high.)
So... I began tracking with MFP.
April 9th follow-up bloodwork and weigh-in: 348 lbs. over-all cholesterol 152 -- triglycerides 101.
In less than thirty days, i've changed everything... And i feel great.
Stay strong. It's worth it.

Replies

• miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Congrats on you awesome results....Keep up the good work....:smile:
  • jcm214
    jcm214 Posts: 157
    So happy for you! Congrats for the positive life change and path to healthy living. Keep up the great work!
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    congratulations!!! You are a wonderful role model for what can be done by holding yourself accountable! WAY TO GO! :flowerforyou:
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    That is just so wonderful. I bet your doc will tell everyone about this site. I bet you feel like a new man.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    February 25th of this year i weighed 384 lbs. My blood pressure was 190/117. I was feeling horrible.
    My doctor gave me an additional blood pressure med to take every evening. Still felt horrible, but my blood pressure was better not good but better.
    I began the Atkins Diet, and stayed on it until March 16. My doctor called with results from my bloodwork.
    Overall cholesterol was 190 my triglecerides were 1066 (160+ is considered critically high.)
    So... I began tracking with MFP.
    April 9th follow-up bloodwork and weigh-in: 348 lbs. over-all cholesterol 152 -- triglycerides 101.
    In less than thirty days, i've changed everything... And i feel great.
    Stay strong. It's worth it.
    Beyond Awesome, bet you feel so much better physically and mentally!! You're doing great, who says the scale is the only measurement of progress!! :wink: But those lbs dropped are pretty awesome too, no doubt why the BP etc. did a big drop:tongue:

Becca♥
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    omg way to go!
  • Tamiash
    Tamiash Posts: 106 Member
    Wow, so much to be proud of...........Kudos to YOU!!!!!
  • cryket03
    cryket03 Posts: 4
    Thats awesome!!! Shows what a little hard work and decication can do for you. Such a good example you are setting.
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    This is just fantastic! Congratulations on getting yourself on track. You are living proof that BALANCE IS KEY! Kudos! :drinker:
  • perrim
    perrim Posts: 117
    that's impressive and quite a testament to the fact that big changes can happen in such a short period of time!
  • becky444
    becky444 Posts: 145 Member
    Way to go!!!! I have my 1st physical in 2 yrs so should be interesting.
  • kimmrdodge
    kimmrdodge Posts: 190 Member
    Wow, it's amazing how fast a person can fix things. Great job! Keep it up you are losing weight very fast and things can only get better.
  • boes462
    I've added a before and during pic if anyone is intersted inseeing the results thus far.
    :-)
    The first pic (with my Great Neice) is 3-3-10.
    The second pic (face shot) is from this morning 4-25-10.

Take care!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    I've added a before and during pic if anyone is intersted inseeing the results thus far.
    :-)
    The first pic (with my Great Neice) is 3-3-10.
    The second pic (face shot) is from this morning 4-25-10.

Take care!

That is amazing! I am all about the health aspect of dietary changes. SO proud of you for making an effort to be here a long long time for those little ones!! :flowerforyou:
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    That's great! Of all the reasons to lose weight, doing it for our health is the best one.
  • I have been on this site for a little over a month now. I love it. My brother Boes462 told me about it. So far I have lost 17 lbs. I would like to tell you all a few things about my brother. He is the most loving, caring guy you would ever meet. He has been blessed with a wonderful wife and two adorable boys. Weight has always been a struggle with us. We lost our oldest brother a few years ago and it still feels like yesterday. He was his best friend. I know he is watching down over him to encourage him to keep going. I just wanted you all to know he is absolutely awesome and I am so proud to call him my brother. I love you Boes 462.
  • boes462
    You always know what to say.
    I love you too.
    I bet that brother of ours has his hands full UP THERE with MOM, BEV, & VELVET. :wink:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    GREAT JOb!
    Keep up the good work!
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,242 Member
    That is wonderful news. It is inspiring to see both the changes on the inside as well as the outside :drinker:
  • boes462
    Thank you all fr the kind words.
    I hope my loss continues as well as yours.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!