Help ~ Working through a what i know as a stitch

Options
Ok so you know that stabbing pain that you get in your side just under your ribs ~ i know it as whats called a stitch, been a long long time since i got one of these and that was way back when i was sprinting. So tonight i was working out doing some cardio from JM body revolution and then i get a stitch ~ ive never been able to work through one, not even when i was sprinting all those years ago. I have to stop take a short breather and the get right back in to what i was doing. So whats your thoughts on it ~ i was always told by my Dad to just keep going it will pass, ive tried the pain only gets worse.

Replies

• moustache_flavored_lube
    Options
    What works the best for me is to concentrate on deep breaths with forceful pursed lip exhales. It also helps to dig a couple of fingers into the abs where the stich is while you are breathing out.

When I first started running I used to get really bad side stiches every time. they SUCK!!

I rarely get them now.

Also not eating / drinking water too close to your workout, and making sure you have had your daily bathroom break, can help prevent.
  • BonnieFife
    BonnieFife Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I always got them running & they suck ~ so quite p****d to be getting them while doing cardio i do the whole deep breaths but i have to stop to do it after a few seconds they go only to get back into my workout and it starts again lol its the one thing that can make me give up on exercise because its the worst pain ever ~ but right now its not an option