CONFUSED ON HOW MUCH TO EAT?

Options
2»

Replies

• valreb802
    Options
    I'm confused too!!!!! :sad: Ugh... A little frustrated ...I started on weight watchers but the eat whatever want as long as you're within point just did make sense to me. I want to be a healthy eater so I've been doing some research reading about the paleo diet and the flat belly.. But I still feel feel the need to calorie count. I joined my fitness pal hoping I could combine what I've learned but don't really understand the calories earned thing... Can you send me the info too?

I know, long winded...sorry! :happy:

MFP is set up for you to lose weight WITHOUT exercise. You eat what it tells you and you will lose weight, don't even have to exercise. A problem is if you don't eat enough you will stall out.

SO lets say MFP tells you to eat 1,500 calories to lose 1lbs a week. You eat 1,500 calories and go and exercise and burn 300 calories. When you exercise it takes calories away from your body. So it's 1,500(what you ate) - 300(what you burned) = 1,200 calories for your body. MFP will add 300 calories to your diary, if you eat them it will put you back at 1,500 calories(what you need to lose 1lbs a week, your goal)

Thank you soooooo much for simplifying that!!!
  • ♥xenawarriorprincess♥
    Options
    There's big debate on whether or not to 'eat back' your exercise calories. I don't, unless I'm really hungry, then I do. I also am not doing super duper heavy exercise either, but walking, hiking, biking, etc. If you search you should be able to find out how many calories a day for breast feeding moms, but I'm not quite sure. I breast fed my four, but I wasn't watching my diet at that time. I always gained weight breast feeding because I was so hungry all the time. I lost weight while pregnant, but gained while breast feeding, I know, backwards. Feel free to add me if you like.

I wouldn't call it a debate, It's a misunderstanding. People who are for not eating back the exercise calories don't understand how it works.

I understand the concept and did it for quite awhile and didn't lose weight..but my metabolism has been pretty messed up due to yoyo dieting over the years,and cancer...now I don't eat the exercise calories and I'm losing weight again...not everyone is the same and what works for one person wont work for someone else.
  • sunset34
    sunset34 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I used Weight-watchers for about a year also, did lose some weight.
    But they formed a new points system,to include fibre in foods,and i found it was impossible to stick to this new system.

I went from eating OK,to not been able to stay within points .

M.F.P. is working out good for me,great on the phone when not eating at home,
    just have hassle trying to cut sweet products down.

suger cravings :>(