need recipe using cabbage

Options
flamencobarbie
flamencobarbie Posts: 53 Member
Hello, I am looking for a recipe using cabbage.. I also have carrots too.. Thank you..:heart:

Replies

• Jolene8992
    Jolene8992 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I love to stir fry mine with a little onion and lots of black pepper. Great with grilled chicken
  • flamencobarbie
    Options
    bump.:wink:
  • 13turtles
    13turtles Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I slice it thinly, and cook it with pancetta and onions. Add in dried cranberries and some almond slivers at the end.

So, cook the pancetta in some olive oil. Remove pancetta from the pan (so it doesn't burn) and add onions and cabbage in batches so it cooks until tender over medium heat. Add the pancetta and cranberries and heat. Remove from heat and add almonds if desired!

Yummy side dish!
  • flamencobarbie
    Options
    Thank you, that does sound really tasty with the cranberries.. and thank you to everyone.. anyone can add more recipes, I can use all the help I can get.. =)
  • daphne_m
    daphne_m Posts: 84
    Options
    When not stir fry with ginger and garlic before tossing in some sesame seeds just before you turn it off?

http://allrecipes.com.au/recipe/6077/braised-cabbage-with-apple---caraway.aspx I make something like this whenever I've got a lot of green cabbage but don't add in the honey and frequently swap out caraway for other spices I think might work. Sometimes it's tasty... sometimes you vow to never use sumac and crushed chillies in a German style cabbage dish again.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Sour kraut
    http://www.food.com/recipe/quick-fresh-sauerkraut-346063

cabbage noodle soup
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Napa-Cabbage-Noodle-Salad/Detail.aspx?fb_action_ids=10151471764719455&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=aggregation&fb_aggregation_id=246965925417366

Coleslaw
    cabbage shredded, carrots, mayo, mustard, white wine vinegar.

boil it with meat, red potatoes, carrots garlic, onions and beer.

you can sautee it too
  • flamencobarbie
    Options
    The mixture of beer sounds really good. Do you use one can?? Thank you everyone for your help.. Friends you can still add more of your recipes, they are greatly appreciated...=)
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options

Coleslaw
    cabbage shredded, carrots, mayo, mustard, white wine vinegar.

boil it with meat, red potatoes, carrots garlic, onions and beer.

you can sautee it too

Def coleslaw, For less cals you could use plain Greek yogurt or add any other crunchy veg!

i love to wilt it in a pan with onions and garlic them stir it into my mash potato, Im sure there is a name for this but im not really sure
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    The mixture of beer sounds really good. Do you use one can?? Thank you everyone for your help.. Friends you can still add more of your recipes, they are greatly appreciated...=)

Depends on the size of the meat. and how much of the flavoring you want. I used a 4 pounds corned beef 2 huge carrots and a head of cabbage with 2 bottles of bud light and water to cover the meat. Tastes really good with pot roast too. can add the potatoes in to that too. I use the broth from the meat to mix mashed potatoes. it's so yummy.
  • IronAndWine1
    Options
    Hello, im new on here, and this is my first post. I love cabbage. One thing I did with it was I cooked italian sausage and some green pepper and wrapped them in cabbage instead of using bread. It was great.
  • JWat2020
    JWat2020 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/607509-65-or-90-calorie-meal-snack

My current favorite cabbage recipe.
  • flamencobarbie
    Options
    Wow thank you !! I am loving all the recipes!! I forgot about using cabbage as a wrap, I like that !!! I think am going to start off with using the beer recipe.. Thank you everyone!!! If there are more of your favorite cabbage recipes, please share them.. I really like the taste of cabbage, and it helps that it is so low calorie.. =)
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
  • gfatty
    gfatty Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I make a chicken vegetable soup with cabbage in it.

Something new for me also: a cabbage topping for fish or chicken tacos
    1/2 a cabbage very thinly sliced
    2 tomatoes diced
    1/2 a yellow onion diced
    1 seeded jalapeno or serrano (be careful: wear gloves)
    a handful of fresh cilantro chopped finely
    1/4 cup of lime juice
    1 small avocado diced in 1/4in. chunks
    1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
    salt and pepper to taste

Combine all the ingredients in the order above and mix by folding over so the avocado doesn't turn into mush.
  • silencerider151
    silencerider151 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is amazingly good. You can eat it with any meat (I like it with pork chops) or by itself.

http://momgonepaleo.com/grilled-brats-with-sauteed-cabbage-and-sweet-onion/
  • cOOkieLpX
    cOOkieLpX Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    cabbage, red onion, tomato, cilantro and lime juice.. toss with salt, pepper and garlic powder.. let sit for a few minutes and enjoy with grilled chicken in burritos (flour tortillas) or tacos (corn tortillas)
  • XLMuffnTop
    XLMuffnTop Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I replace rice with slightly steamed cabbage when eating almost any kind of chinese food. I try to keep a head on hand for this purpose.

I also throw cabbage in just about any soup. I have one that's tomato based with ground turkey or beef, chickpeas and cabbage. Very tasty and extremely filling.

Sorry, I don't have recipes I just throw stuff around the kitchen and see what sticks.
  • Jewles1285
    Jewles1285 Posts: 119
    Options
    Scalloped Cabbage

•1/2 medium head cabbage, chopped (about 4 cups)
    •3 tablespoons vegetable oil
    •3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
    •1/2 teaspoon salt
    •Dash pepper
    •1 cup milk
    •1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
    •3/4 cup bread crumbs
    •2 tablespoons butter, melted
    Directions
    •Place cabbage in a greased 2-qt. casserole; set aside. In a saucepan, heat oil over medium. Stir in flour, salt and pepper; cook until bubbly. gradually stir in milk; cook and stir until thickened. Fold in cheese. Pour over cabbage. Combine bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle on top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-30 minutes or until bubbly. Serve immediately. Yield: 4-6 servings.

Nutritional Facts
    1 serving (1 cup) equals 278 calories, 19 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 312 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.
  • dijomal
    dijomal Posts: 1
    Options
    Saute shredded cabbage in pan with a tsp of coconut oil and about 1/4 cup water. Cover and steam till tender (usually about 10 minutes). you can add your carrots too if you like. I usually eat it just like that or you can add a low sodium smoked sausage to the mix. If I do that then I cube the sausage and brown it in the pan before I start the cabbage. Remove the browned sausage from the pan and then add cabbage and water. If there is oils left in the pan from the sausage then you do not need to add coconut. Steam the cabbage like before then add sausage back to the mix and toss to mix.

And if you are feeling really adventerous, I really like the recipe Coolio made for the Food Network "Soul Rolls". They can be baked in the oven at 350-375 till crispy instead of deep fried. Here is the link to the recipe: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/soul-rolls-recipe/index.html