Overcoming my plateau

Options
Hello everyone,
About a week ago I made a post about plateauing and from the responses I got and the research I did, I upped my calories to 1300-1500 (I was eating 1200 before) and my TDEE is 1800 but in the last week I have GAINED 4 LBS! Is this normal? I have been exercising and doing a lot more cardio since I generally do more weight exercises. I haven't exercised in 3 days though because I was very sore and heard that you shouldn't weigh yourself when you're sore because you'll weigh more. But I have been eating clean and drinking almost a gallon of water a day. I certainly wasn't expecting to start losing weight again after only one week of upping my calories but I sure wasn't expecting to gain 4 lbs either. Can anyone help me?

Replies

• mlaz81
    mlaz81 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    It's probably water weight, because to gain 4 lbs of fat in a week you would have to eat over 12,000 more calories in that time....don't stress. My weight over one week has fluctuated up to 8 pounds due to water weight and depending on what point you are in your cycle.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Yep water weight. :frown:
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    So 7 days x 200 calories over your previous level=1400 One lb is 3500 calories, thus you have definitely not reached that level.

4lb X3500=14000 calories. Did you eat 14000 calories above the 7x1500=10500 you have been eating? Obviously not.
  • mjrkearney
    mjrkearney Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Don't be too worried about short term weight gains. The scale fluctuates depending on how much more weight is on it, not how much you weigh. If you're not working out, you're probably sweating less and your food is getting processed more slowly. Have a couple cups of coffee and chill.

As for the plateau, I'm in the middle of my own bout and I need to buckle down and log my intake more often.