This is Insanity

Options
INSANITY workout is the hardest workout program ever put on DVD i heard and when I watch the commercial they are really, really sweating. I would love to try it and wonder about other peoples experience that have tried it. I don't live in a house or have hard would floors it will be like a house of cards with things falling all over me and let me not forget my downstairs neighbors.

I believe they guarantee a large amount of weight loss in 60 days....

Replies

• Cajunmalakai
    Cajunmalakai Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Insanity is really great if you can stick with it. And yes, you can lose alot of weight, but that is true of any high intensity workout routine.

It depends on your goals really. Insanity is HEAVILY cardio focused and will help you lose lbs. but is not ideal for building muscle. You will build some with the plyo and strength moves in some of the workouts, but ultimately, its not designed for that.

Over all, Insanity is good if you want to just drop poundage, but in terms of over all fitness(and yes, you WANT muscle. Lean muscle mas is what burns fat and calories when your not exercising.)

I would recommend something a little more comprehensive. Things like Rushfit, as well as the Bob Harper Inside Out Method and others of that nature are better for more complete fitness in my opinion.
  • CrisAlex
    CrisAlex Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I love Insanity! I would combine it with a weight lifting program and not do it 6 days a week. I was at my fittest when I did it that way. It is serious cardio and a lot of fun.
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing it combined with p90x, and it is tough!!! Lots of jumping for sure, maybe try a mat under u so you land softer??
  • livingongraceandmercy
    Options
    Good Idea I will try that
  • shannonsjourney1
    shannonsjourney1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing it combined with p90x, and it is tough!!! Lots of jumping for sure, maybe try a mat under u so you land softer??

what is your schedule for this like? im into the last month of p90x and was thinking of doing this but not sure where to start.
  • AngelsInThighHighs
    AngelsInThighHighs Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Personally i love Insanity it has changed my body in ways i didnt even know it could. Im stronger, my arms actually have muscle definition, myove handles are almost completly gone, my glutes salute, the listgoes on and on! Ive lost about 4 inches so far im two days into month 2. I usually combine it with the 30DS doing my normal 6 days of Insanity a week and the 30DS three of those days in conjuction.

I ordered hip hop abs to combine it with as well, hip hop abs is more of a fun workout for me on my off days ;) its worth a try you will be surprised how strong you are and how much your body will change.