What's with this old lady neck?

Options
So, I've lost 35lbs ish and the more I lose the older I look:mad: It's just in my neck, but it's really noticeable. Have any of you dealt with this and is there anything I can do about it? I'm talking exercises to firm the skin, not surgery:noway: I expected this to happen to my belly but not my neck! :explode:

Replies

• Dan4495
    Dan4495 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I definitely understand. I lost 110 lbs a couple of years ago and got "turkey waddles" as a consequence. Been exercising regularly but the loose skin is not going anywhere.
  • laynunugawa
    laynunugawa Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    It really depends on the elasticity of your skin. As we age our cells don't turn over as fast as when we were young and losing and gaining weight can really effect it. Staying hydrated is key. I recommend using a really good anti aging cream. Most people use moisturizers for their face and forget to use some along their neck and collarbone area.

Albeit this will only help some and not cure all signs of natural aging and surgery is expensive but it is something that you can do. You also don't have to buy anything expensive, even target has some good creams. Find something with natural Vitamin A (pro-retinal) this helps cell rejuvination.

I use to actually work as a skincare and makeup artist. I hope this helps a little.
  • BryVia12
    BryVia12 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    It does help thanks. I didn't even think my neck was that big! Must be it was.
  • BryVia12
    BryVia12 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I definitely understand. I lost 110 lbs a couple of years ago and got "turkey waddles" as a consequence. Been exercising regularly but the loose skin is not going anywhere.

Wow Dan, I had no idea you lost that much weight! That's awesome!
  • Buzymomof_3
    Buzymomof_3 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Waaay back when I did aerobics classes, part of our cool down was doing our very exaggerated vowels (saying A E I O U) using big mouth movements. It works the minor face and neck muscles. Don't know if it really helps, but I still do them. I also do the fingering exercises she taught for helping with joint and arthritis.

A - think big big smile
    E - think chin forward a bit (not your teeth, your chin and not tons) while keeping the smile
    I - mouth open, yup keep smiling
    O - lips pursing but open (think shocked)
    U - again, moving the chin forward a bit but with lips pursed.

For the fingering you touch your tip of your pinky to the tip of your thumb, then the ring to thumb, middle and pointer. Your fingers should be as straight as possible, not a curved ok touch, a wedge touch. Then pointer, middle, ring, pinky and back again.

Good Luck!