Replies

• dlcarroll13
    dlcarroll13 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    WOW! Interesting...
  • corneredbycorn
    corneredbycorn Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    This is why I use a digital scale and weight everything to the gram, even prepackaged stuff. We don't go out too often so I'm not worried about those few extra calories.
  • dafoots0911
    dafoots0911 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I can't seem to copy and paste this in my address search. Is this the correct address?
  • OtiWanKenobi
    OtiWanKenobi Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Wow. Thanks for the eye opener!!! Especially the second video. I have a scale but hardly use it because of measuring cups. Definitely going to put more use into my scale!
  • murray292
    murray292 Posts: 32
    Options
    bump.
  • freckletone
    Options
    I personally keep my calorie intact to about 800 (that's after about 150-200 cal burn through exercise)
    i have found this is the only way i have ever lost weight
    doing 1200 has never worked for me
  • danah515
    danah515 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • vicky1804
    vicky1804 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Bumping for when I get home
  • seamanny
    seamanny Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    bump
  • firestarfly
    firestarfly Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • itsallmebaby
    itsallmebaby Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Wow - thanks for posting. It was enlightening to watch.
  • dietstokes
    dietstokes Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Scales are always best.

Really just commenting so I can see the video's later. I think I've already seen one, but I'm not sure if I've seen the other.
  • charlesnapolitano
    charlesnapolitano Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    thanks for these videos very imformative
  • 1tiamat
    1tiamat Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I guess I'll join jared at subway...
  • mkcolombia
    mkcolombia Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jbutterflye
    jbutterflye Posts: 1,914 Member
    Options
    This is why, in my opinion, MFP's 1200 calorie/day baseline recommendation is NOT as outrageous as some make it out to be.

It is also why, in my opinion, you are better off shaving off a hundred or two calories a day from your diet than spending your time worrying about going into 'starvation mode'.

This ALSO demonstrates why nutritional/obesity scientific research studies that rely on caloric self-reporting should be taken with a grain of salt.

Excellent! Thank you for sharing this. I pretty much figured this was so already. Funny how people can lie to themselves when they want to, conveniently failing to pay attention to certain things. I give a margin for error in my calculations and try to pay attention to how my body feels, sticking to the lower end of my daily range on most days.
  • lsumomma
    lsumomma Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    bump to watch later
    thanks!
  • CATindeeHAT
    CATindeeHAT Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you guys found the videos helpful!!

As I'm sure you've noticed, there are LEAST 10+ posts here on this board asking, "What am I doing wrong? I'm not losing weight." etc. and it's my suspicion that this is the reason 99.999% of the time.

It's amazing to think that just by licking the spoon after you scoop the peanut butter could drastically stall your weight loss, and if you're eating at maintainence you are at risk of GAINING weight, up to 18 lbs a year.

In my opinion, I think fasting 1 day a week once you're at your goal weight may be a pretty good idea just to account for these calorie margins. That is however, for people who are comfortable or familiar with intermittent fasting.
  • kellyw036
    kellyw036 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    bump for later! Thanks
  • mittens6395
    Options
    Bump for later. Thanks!