How often should I work my abdomen?

Options
I do a minimum of 60 reps (some day 90) 6 days a week. I was wondering if this is too much, or too little!

thanks!

Replies

• jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Some people will say do abs 24/7 and others will say never, find what works for you and do it.
  • AMBlass
    AMBlass Posts: 161
    Options
    I actually read somewhere awhile ago that the abdomen is such a big muscle that it's hard to overwork it. So you could probably work it everyday and it wouldn't be a problem. Of course, you can't spot train, but as far as hurting the muscle, I don't think it would be an issue.
  • grantdumas7
    grantdumas7 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I am one of those who hardly work abs. I get a lot of ab stimulation from overhead presses and squats.
  • EmmaReed84
    EmmaReed84 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I can do sit ups until the cows come home, all different variations, they can hurt as I do them, but I don't seem to feel like I have really worked them.

I did my first ever heavy lifting on Monday night and OMG! I cannot even sneeze without feeling it. I actually really do feel I have done more for my abs all round with the short amount of time on the weights then the endless variations of sit ups I had been doing. This is just my own personal experience.

Like a PP said though, do whatever works for you, every body is different x