What to do?

Options
I was really sick yesterday and although I tried to eat multiple times the only thing that would stay down was a slice of pizza and some cheerios. I even had trouble keeping water down. So my question comes down to, should I record what I ate even though it came back up or just record the stuff that stayed down?

Replies

• chooselove
    chooselove Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I had the stomach bug for 3 days puked twice everyday I did not log and lost 3 lbs in that time,I didn't see a piont since nothing stayed in me anyway,get better btw it vomiting sucks and rest just drink lots of fluids don't worry about food.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Everything you ate. It'd be pointless to judge how much you may have thrown back up and you already know you're under your calories for the day so there's no concern of understating it.
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    If it was me and I was vomiting sick, I wouldn't even log, but if you really want to, I'd log only what stayed down.
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I just dealt with that this weekend. I logged what I kept down, which is less than the stomach acid that I lost! I'm much better but I'm still dealing with it. Just try to keep hydrated!

Pizza? Really?!
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Skip it. You're sick and probably couldn't judge your intake correctly. Plus any gain or loss in weight a day or two afterwards can probably be atributed to imbalances in your body. Don't bother.
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    If it was me and I was vomiting sick, I wouldn't even log, but if you really want to, I'd log only what stayed down.

I wouldn't log either. I know you want to stay accountable, but if you can't keep most food down, I wouldn't worry about logging. Take care of yourself, get better, and start logging again :). I hope you feel better.
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    One day of inaccurate logging is not going to matter- I'd log it all
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I just dealt with that this weekend. I logged what I kept down, which is less than the stomach acid that I lost! I'm much better but I'm still dealing with it. Just try to keep hydrated!

Pizza? Really?!

yes oddly enough. It was at the end of the day, I still had a fever and had finally stopped throwing up by that time. Although I could only stomach the one slice. I guess I'll just leave it at what I know stayed down. :) Thanks for the responses.
  • RhiannonLeighh
    RhiannonLeighh Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should still log it, but in the notes section just put 'ate pizza, kept food down for 1/2 hour'.
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should still log it, but in the notes section just put 'ate pizza, kept food down for 1/2 hour'.

Agree
  • mamacita721
    mamacita721 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I asked this question once and was told that if it stayed down for at least 20 minutes to log it.

Hope you are feeling better.
  • haanmom
    haanmom Posts: 90 Member
    Options

This.
  • Peanutbutterx
    Options
    thats all i want when im sick is pizza, thought i was the only one! haha i would only log what stayed down if i were you : )