Healthy and tasty popcorn?

Options
2»

Replies

• iamdominique
    Options
    they have 100 calorie bags that you can pop in a microwave and also ones that are already popped - the white cheddar one is really good, i cant remember the brand name, but its in a black bag with a picture of corn on it

Smartfood! They have all kinds of delicious flavours (white cheddar is my favourite). Also orville redenbachers smart pop in pop-up bowl is only 210 cals/11cups and it's amazing!
  • Fuzz610
    Fuzz610 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Take a brown paper bag, the kind that you use to bring your lunch in and spray the inside with "Pam"
    It doesn't take much.
    Put in 1/4 cup of kernels fold the top, I put one staple in it to seal it. Then push the popcorn button on your microwave!
  • AllisonConnell1301
    Options
    Skinny Pop
    It's pre-popped popcorn in a bag, but it is a great snack with no artificial anything. It's natural. I love it!
  • leighann881
    leighann881 Posts: 371
    Options
    Erin's All Natural White Cheddar Pop Corn.

I don't eat it (often :wink: ) but I feel good about giving it to my kids because its relatively unprocessed in comparison to chips. They still prefer apples and oranges because I have indoctrinated them well.:laugh:
  • leighann881
    leighann881 Posts: 371
    Options
    You can also pop kernals in a paper bag in the microwave with some chili powder and salt... no oil. Delish. That. I eat that. Yum!
  • staplebug
    staplebug Posts: 189
    Options
    Pop your own! My favorite is to add garlic salt and a little parmesan cheese. mm :)
  • shellfly
    shellfly Posts: 186
    Options
    We love Popcornopolis' Nearly Naked popcorn. 33 cals per cup and nothing weird/unhealthy in it. We get it at Costco.
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Pop secret 100 cal bags are my current fav. I like the Pop Secret regular bags for my kids who like to eat all 2.5 servings as well...they are way lower in calories than most brands.

I like my Whirley Pop (stove top with spinner to help unpopped kernels fall to the bottom of the pan), too, if I'm being very healthy, but I find that it's more "chewy" than light and crisp like microwaved. Best Wirley Pop is with fresh, dry kernals, mine has been frozen and may have gotten damp defrosting.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    chili seasoning. cayenne pepper.