Insanity??

Options
Hello!
I watched an infomercial today on a new workout video from Beach Body called "Insanity" with Shaun T (the Hip Hop abs guy!) anyways, it looked pretty intense and I was just curious if anyone has tried it and how they liked it?? I was fairly fit before I got pregnant and (my son is 4months old) now trying to get rid of the baby belly and the weight I gained, so I think I might be able to handle it but just wondering what everyone thought of it and how intense it actually is?
Thanks so much!

Replies

• Cookie22684
    Cookie22684 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I have been doing insanity for the past 7 months , and i love it , i think the first month is pretty intense but to me the second month is easy even though it is longer, first month each workout is about 30 to 40 min, second month is about 40 to 60 min , when i first started i barely finished the first workout, it's good at keeping your heart rate up, since there r so little breaks and when u do get a break it is about 15 to 30 seconds, i'm pretty sure u could handle insanity, and don't worry if u take more breaks as long as u keep trying to take less breaks , u will lose the weight u want and get to your goal, hope this helps :smile:
  • asm2260
    asm2260 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Monday will be the start of week 4 for me, and I LOVE it...I will say this, you have to like cardio, alot of it, and plyometrics. You take an intial fit test and then another about every two weeks, you will be very pleased with the results. If you can commit 6 days a week for about 45 min (first month) and 60 min the second month, and follow a good healthy food plan, you too will be happy with the results. And then add this great site with lots of support and encouragement you are sure to make your Goal...
    I give it TWO thumbs up....Good Luck!
  • jessierichardson
    Options
    thanks for the info!
    I ordered it today so hopefully it gets here soon!! I am excited to start. What do you classify it as on this website when tracking your workouts?
    thanks
  • asm2260
    asm2260 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    thanks for the info!
    I ordered it today so hopefully it gets here soon!! I am excited to start. What do you classify it as on this website when tracking your workouts?
    thanks

It goes under Cardio....I wear a Heart rate monitor, so I can add it as one of my excercises.....

Example Cardio Circut: I did it for 45 min, and burned 455 cal.

If you dont have a monitor, try to use a pre programed excercise that is intense...this program is exactly what yu make it...plan on sweating and drinking lotsa aqua.....I know you will love it...Tomorrow is my 4th week and I have not missed one day...
    Good Luck
    And keep us posted..
  • deeann1459
    deeann1459 Posts: 116
    Options
    I was TDY and I need noise to sleep... once the stupid commercial invaded my dreams, I figured I should probably order it. Glad to hear it is working out for normal people....

OT: my cousin lost 100 lbs in 10 days using 6 week body makeover.... At least that is what happened in my first dream. Glad my subconcious took a more realistic approach to fitness =P