HELP I CANNOT STOP EATING ICE CREAM!

Options

Replies

• leighann881
    leighann881 Posts: 371
    Options
    Don't buy it. lol. that simple. it take time to break a habit but it starts with day one and eventually you will have a new routine.
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Shock therapy? One less person eating ice cream, means just a little more for the rest of us.

Like i have said, I have no problem with the actual eating of the ice cream, It fits with my daily goals. Its trying to break the habit of going to the shop and spending the MONEY on it each day and what i could do instead.
  • Barbarella44
    Barbarella44 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Well if its chocolate your craving... You should try substituting with "Carob Powder". As for the icecream aspect, maybe you can trade in for some low fat Chocolate pudding or Jello. I know that the texture and chill isn't there but its a start. One more thing! Even a chocolate popsicle may help you out! And I don't believe the calories are that bad either...
  • twinkiemon
    twinkiemon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I say if you enjoy it and it fits into your daily calorie goal, then go ahead and indulge! :)
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I think I'll get some ice cream now.
  • Proyecto_AN
    Proyecto_AN Posts: 387
    Options
    Don't buy it.
  • Pearlyladybug
    Options
    I'm loving this pudding idea! thank you, And im sure my pockets will be thanking you later.
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    If the money's the problem buy your own at the grocery store. It may not be identical but it's bound to be cheaper and (hopefully) still satisfy the craving.
  • Peanutbutterx
    Options
    no problem : )
  • Pearlyladybug
    Options
    Sorry can't help ya. I'm not gonna stop eating mine. No good reason too =)

Wasn't trying to stop anyone from doing anything, Like i have said more than once. its the habit and the money that is bothering me.
  • Pearlyladybug
    Options
    If the money's the problem buy your own at the grocery store. It may not be identical but it's bound to be cheaper and (hopefully) still satisfy the craving.

And i totally do for night, Its getting it to work that's the problem if we had a freezer i would be buying a huge tub and leaving it there!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I get not wanting to be a slave to the habit, totally -- especially when it's costing you bucks you would rather spend elsewhere. The only thing you can do is bring something from home. What about a pudding cup or something?
  • leighann881
    Options
    you would be a perfect match with the pop tart guy

:explode: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,668 Member
    Options
    Join the IIFYM cult. We all eat ice cream.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    I used to always have some sort of sweet treat after lunch, now I chew a <5 cal piece of gum instead, meets the sweet cravings.
  • becplumpton
    Options
    make something else to eat at that time instead from home, i always used to buy pastries for lunch at work, but then i started making my own lunch with salad and tuna and egg whites and now i just eat that instead. regardlesss of the fact you'd rather have ice cream, you'll eat what you brought it because it will just be there and would be a waste not to, then probably won't want anything extra, you don't have to entirley break the habit as such, just alter it :)
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    I guess people didn't read the expensive BUDGET part because reading is hard.

Bananas are 19 cents a piece at Trader Joe's which works out less per lb than most places.
  • blu_meanie_ca
    blu_meanie_ca Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Stop bringing money to work. No money, no ice cream (if you need money for transt/parking bring exactly that amount). I used to work right beside a Tim Hortons. I rarely brought money or my bank card with me, as it was too easy to justify a pre-work snack.
  • AllisonConnell1301
    Options
    Buy yogurt (regular or greek) and freeze them. It tastes pretty good and satisfies cravings. You'll have to be at home though..
  • leighann881
    Options
    I really suggest that you simply break the habit with will power. You don't need to supplement it. You aren't eating it because you are hungry. If you are able to overcome this, it will give you confidence to overcome the next temptation that is in your way. There is always going to be something that makes reaching your goals (financial, fitness, professional) challenging. This is simply ice cream and relatively easy to practice self-control and perseverance.