My scale has been "broken" since July....

Options
I've always exercised but still about 30 lbs over weight. I hit fitness hard in July but the scale will not move! I work out faithfully six days a week, but still, no loss. Finally I realized is all about what I'm eating (duh) I guess I thought being active gave me a free pass to eat. Ha! I'm ready to track and count and measure. This seems like a good place to start!

Replies

• SRHelicity
    Options
    I've always exercised but still about 30 lbs over weight. I hit fitness hard in July but the scale will not move! I work out faithfully six days a week, but still, no loss. Finally I realized is all about what I'm eating (duh) I guess I thought being active gave me a free pass to eat. Ha! I'm ready to track and count and measure. This seems like a good place to start!

It seems quite a bit easier to reduce food intake by 500 calories per day than it is to "burn" 500 calories per day by exercising. Of course, there are many other benefits to exercise besides burning calories (e.g., cardiovascular health, maintaining or building lean muscle mass, etc.), but it seems like the "calories in" side of the equation is pretty easy to manipulate compared to the "calories out" side.

I've been tracking food on MFP since late January -- I find that it's easy to keep track of my diet when it's so easy to log. So, with that said, welcome!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you know what's up. Burn more calories than you eat. Good luck! =)