Anyone else get nervous?

Options
I am currently travelling and I have been working really hard at exercising every day + controlling my diet + alcohol consumption. The issue is I don't have any scales to weigh myself with. I am literally dreading getting on the scales and not losing very much weight! I would be absolutely gutted if i hadn't lost a significant amount if weight!

Does anyone else dread their weigh in? I'm worried il just give up if I don't see a change

Replies

• BigAndTallSection
    BigAndTallSection Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I will admit that I want to see results when I weigh in but I will tell you from very much weight loss experience, (I have lost over 100lbs three times in my life), that the scale is often total BS. It is just one tool to use when losing weight and I really feel it is the least reliable. To many things can influence a weigh in for me to give it my total respect. Add to that the fact that you are a woman and it is even worse at times for you. The wrong sort of meal the night before a weigh in can totally sabotage a weigh in. All I am saying is if you know you are doing well and sticking to it then don't let the scale ruin what you are doing. Just keep at it and it will in time pay off.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Everyone is hoping for good results when s/he gets on the scale. They aren't always in evidence. Your goal should be self- knowledge. You're studying yourself so you can achieve your goal. If you want to stay motivated, it can't always be about simple weight loss. If you look at the process that narrowly, you'll often be disappointed.
  • liannexxx
    liannexxx Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Should I be weighing myself weekly or do you think I should just weigh myself when I get back from my travels in May? So many decisions so little time. haha
  • tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    A weight gain or loss on the scale isn't an accurate portrayal of your fat loss progress. Weigh every two/three weeks and do not get emotionally attached to the number you see. Remember the following...

A rise DOESN'T mean you HAVEN'T lost fat.
    The same weight DOESN'T mean you HAVEN'T lost fat.

Go by how you look and feel.

You are not a number.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Buy a measuring tape. They pack small and weigh almost nothing, so very easy to travel with. You'll soon know if you're gaining or losing inches/centimeters, and can adjust your food and exercise as necessary.