Best Exercise today!

Junisahn
Junisahn Posts: 166 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
Today, my daughter, my sister-in-law and I are walking 3 miles for the March of Babies. It's no great distance, but it's going to be the best exercise I've ever done - even in the pouring rain. I've raised $731 for the walk (my goal was 1000).

I walk in honor of my daughter, a happy and healthy 9 month old, born at 28 weeks, 3 days on July 19, 2009 - taken by emergency c-section when my placenta suddenly peeled off the side of my uterus. She was 2 lbs, 4 oz at birth, and spent 6 weeks in the NICU. She is now 15.5 lb and thriving. I also walk in memory of my son, who died as a result of the same thing happening before he was born on July 31, 2007. He was 30 weeks 5 days gestation, and weighed 3 lbs, 5 oz at birth. Finally, I walk in memory of the children both my sister-in-law and I lost very early in our pregnancies. All of these babies are forever missed.

Walk on!

Replies

• aunienue
    aunienue Posts: 416
    Good for you! May the walk give you a feeling of peace. My second daughter was born at 32 weeks weighing 4lbs. 1oz. She spent 1 month in NICU. She is now 14 years old.
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Good for you! What a great way to say "thanks" for your children's good health and to support those who are less fortunate. Children are a blessing! :heart:
  • SexyIsPainful
    SexyIsPainful Posts: 42 Member
    I pray for your strength and admire your courage! Walk On!!!!!
    I pray for all the babies out there - right now that need the support of this cause - may they live long productive lives and I send up encouragement and the strength and courage you are showing to their parents......
This discussion has been closed.