And another fresh Start !!!

Options
Hi there my name's Sue and I've just signed up for this site after reading rave reviews about it. I was member of a large healthy eating/dieting club (not sure if I'm allowed to name names). After a really good start I became very demotivated by it all and have just been plateauing for the last couple of years so I've cancelled my subscription and thought I'd try a different tack.
I need to lose 3 stone or 42lbs, I'm doing it for health reasons plus I have my 50th birthday coming up in a couple of months and I am going on a gulet cruise to Turkey with my fiancé, my bezzie (skinny) mate and her other half in July and don't want to be the fatty in the photos as the other 3 I'm going with are all a healthy weight. I know I'm not going to lose 3 stone by the beginning of June or even the middle of July but even a stone would be a good start.
So please feel free to befriend me as I think sharing your highs and lows with others who are going through the same struggle rather than trying to do it all on your own are a great help.
I've intentionally stuck a hideous fat photo of me as my profile pic in the hope that it will shame me into sorting myself out.

Replies

• funkydora
    Options
    Hi Sue, thanks for the add. I am Sandra and have a similar story to yours, just cancelled my member ship to national organisation too. I have more weight to,lose than you around 8/9 stone but would love to some company along the journey! Xx
  • taniabuick
    taniabuick Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    you can add me too.I live in newzealand and its good to have differant foods and ideas from other countries.good luck with your journey
  • Never2late2change
    Never2late2change Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm another 'fresh starter' been here a week proper, though I joined along time ago but never used the site. I have a way to go but am looking foward to gaining friends as I lose.
  • Swany2
    Swany2 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me if you like...Im english but live in new zealand, so would be great to have friends from back home...I can reminish on your food choices, lol.

I too have alot to lose. I joine this site mid january and have so far lost 19lbs, and have about another 40 to go.

For me to do this, I have given myself until the end of november, which will nearly be the beginning of summer here..In the year I have set myself certain targets to reach...my first target of a stone I beat by 5 weeks, so i'm ahead of schedule, yaye!!!

This site is fabulous, I have never had so much achievement with weight loss before, it could be that my head is in it this time, but I also think alot of it is because of the support and motivation you get from your friends on mfp....They're all here to support you on your journey.

Anyway, think i've said enough...Good luck on your journey, you made the right choice joining

xx