Running

Options
bsuew
bsuew Posts: 628 Member
I've never started a post on here but here goes. I am 52 and haven't ran at all in 28-30 years. I know because it was when my oldest son was either 3 or 4 years old. I have lost 62 lbs and feel like I have so much more energy! I have a ways to go still but I'm hoping to encourage someone when I say, have faith in yourself you can reach your goals! I ran yesterday for the first time in 28-30 years! I never thought I could of come as far as I have. You could forget even thinking about taking off for a run. Now I didn't break any records, only ran 7-8 minutes and then would walk the same. then I would set a point in front of me and run to that point, and then walk again. I haven't been so excited about anything in a long time. I've said all of this just to say, it isn't always going to be easy, your going to make bad choices some times, but set small goals you will be able to reach them.

Replies

• Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Good for you Sue! I am not a running fan myself but I do make myself do it occasionally and I had to run daily during my black belt test so I had to work up to it. MUCH easier at 155 lbs than 255!!!
  • christimccarty
    Options
    Great start!!!! I know the excitedness...hang on to that!! :)
  • Laura42012
    Laura42012 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    You're doing great!
  • divaindy
    divaindy Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I am almost 61.I started running at 59 and love it,and yes so much easier lighter! Keep up the great work I know I have shocked myself in my abilities. I have run a half marathon,and regularly run 6 miles several times a week.
    Until age 56 I was a couch potato and weighed 40 lbs more than now!
  • ReneeLawing
    Options
    YAAAAAAY! I'm proud of you keep going and pretty soon i'll be needing to keep up with you! Can't wait til i have a running partner sometimes! Great job! you deserve the excitement!!!
  • bryionak
    bryionak Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Did Week 1, Exercise 1 of couch to 5k last night.

1 down 26 to go. Then need to work up to 10 miles and maybe a half marathon, but baby steps first.