In search of motivation..

Options
My motivation has taken a vacation... Little background..I have been on here a couple years and lost almost all the weight I needed to lose. Then life struck and my world as I knew it fell apart right in front of me. In the past year I have moved 200 miles away from where I was, obtained and lost a job and now here I sit on my couch having gained back every single pound. Went for a fitness evaluation earlier this week and found out that my personal scale was off by 20lbs (not in a good way). I wanted to join a gym again (just had a 14 day free trial) but in going over my budget its not going to be possible. I fell like the worlds biggest lump and I cant even get outside because its 20 degrees out!!

Anyone got any ideas...all would be appreciated!!!

Replies

• tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Firstly, you don't need a gym membership to lose weight. Weight loss is 90% diet.

Start by getting off the couch and throwing the *kitten* you have in cupboards/refrigerator out of the window. Done?

Great! Now throw that scale out too. That thing is useless!

Now measure yourself and take a photo in the mirror.

You don't like the photo, do you? Don't worry, you wont look like that in 3 weeks time.... read on, bro.

walk to the shops. (yes walk, don't drive.) Stock up on Veg/Fruit and set yourself a little meal planner. Having it wrote down a week in advance will help rather than making it up as you go along. Think tuna, chicken breast, brown rice/pasta and sweet potato. Combine those with the veg however you like. Use portion control, man. Don't fill your plate like it's going outta fashion. There'll still be food in the shops next week, I promise.

When you wake up do 20-30mins home workouts before breakfast. Nothing special, just something to get the heart pumping.
    when done, have breakfast, I suggest eggs or oats. If you don't like those, eat them anyway, cowboy up. They may may not taste great but do you what does? Feeling and looking good tastes damn awesome.

Do 40-60mins walk every other day. Do 15-20mins light jogging in between the walking. I don't care where you go, just bloody do it.

On ebay people seel dumbells cheap. second hand doesnt matter, 5kgs metal all weighs the same.

Youtube "home weight workouts" and do a few of those. There are bodyweight exercises you can do also.

If you do all of the above and don't give up then you're heading in the right direction.
  • If you need motivation and support you can add me! I love to give and recieve support, it's one of the great things about this site.
  • amandagyeoman
    amandagyeoman Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Firstly, you don't need a gym membership to lose weight. Weight loss is 90% diet.

Start by getting off the couch and throwing the *kitten* you have in cupboards/refrigerator out of the window. Done?

Great! Now throw that scale out too. That thing is useless!

Now measure yourself and take a photo in the mirror.

You don't like the photo, do you? Don't worry, you wont look like that in 3 weeks time.... read on, bro.

walk to the shops. (yes walk, don't drive.) Stock up on Veg/Fruit and set yourself a little meal planner. Having it wrote down a week in advance will help rather than making it up as you go along. Think tuna, chicken breast, brown rice/pasta and sweet potato. Combine those with the veg however you like. Use portion control, man. Don't fill your plate like it's going outta fashion. There'll still be food in the shops next week, I promise.

When you wake up do 20-30mins home workouts before breakfast. Nothing special, just something to get the heart pumping.
    when done, have breakfast, I suggest eggs or oats. If you don't like those, eat them anyway, cowboy up. They may may not taste great but do you what does? Feeling and looking good tastes damn awesome.

Do 40-60mins walk every other day. Do 15-20mins light jogging in between the walking. I don't care where you go, just bloody do it.

On ebay people seel dumbells cheap. second hand doesnt matter, 5kgs metal all weighs the same.

Youtube "home weight workouts" and do a few of those. There are bodyweight exercises you can do also.

If you do all of the above and don't give up then you're heading in the right direction.

This is excellent advice. But I would also add, you should surround yourself with supportive people, but having someone to get healthy with is a huge motivator.