fitting it in

Options
i started doing well with my workouts- every night after work and weekends. however my kids' sports and activities have become the priority during the week. I don't want to workout too late either. (my husband works out after 7:30 pm sometimes). So is my only option early am? For me that would be 4:30am. uughh hate that but I wanted to know what everyone else does when they run into this situation. I cant be the only one out there.

Replies

• imtrinat
    imtrinat Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Maybe split up your routine so that you do half in the morning and half at night? That could end up taking more time out of your day, depending on where you work out, but it's an idea.
  • PurpleTina
    PurpleTina Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Is there any way you could exercise whilst the kids are in their clubs? I started by swimming when my eldest was at athletics. Obviously only works in there is something you can do at the same time, but even walking would help if you are able.
  • ohiojovigirl
    Options
    thank you for the suggestions.
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    What is your time schedule between work and kids sports? My kids are very involved in sports and other activities and my workout time as always been as soon as I get home from work. That is generally 3:30 pm, sometimes I only have time for a 20-30 minute workout and a quick shower before heading out to a game or event. Two of my three drive now though, so I don't have to do much "mom taxi" duty anymore for practices and such.

Otherwise it's either early am or late evening. I do both of those as well now, but I didn't when I first started. Exercise is an addiction, keep at it and soon you will be looking for excuses to fit it in all the time!
  • leigh0416
    leigh0416 Posts: 29
    Options
    When I was working, I would get up at 4:00 a.m. and workout. It wasn't easy, but it was the only time I had to do it. Even now that I don't hold down a full time job, I stay home with a 6 year old who is autistic. It is game on from the minute he wakes up in the morning and I have to be present for that constantly! I still get up no later than 7:00 a.m., often before that, and get my workout in before the day even gets started. I found that even though I was home, the demands of getting in even an hour were often too difficult to do, given the demands of the kids and family and appointments, etc. So, I keep it simple...I get up and get it done so that I can actually do it! Everybody fits it in according to their schedule, but for me, this is what I have found is the best way for me to get that hour for myself.