Question for insanity workout people

ndnlou
ndnlou Posts: 29
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
How extreme is the Insanity workout dvd's? I was toying with the idea of getting them but was afraid that I would not be able to do them. Please tell me what you can expect from them. Thanks in advance. Ndnlou

Replies

• taryn_perry
    taryn_perry Posts: 193 Member
    Insanity is a challenging workout, nothing to hide about that. It's a very extreme, cardio based program. A lot of plyometrics type stuff. I LOVE it, but it's not for everyone. Are you fairly active already? Have you done P90X, in particular to the Plyometric workout?

If you decide to buy it, be sure to purchase through a Beachbody Coach, like myself, so you can save money on shipping (up to 50%). Here's my site, which has more info on it about Insanity if you'd like: http://choose2befit.com/products

Happy to answer any more questions, as I've done the program, feel free to send me a message.

Taryn
  • louloup
    louloup Posts: 87 Member
    Hi,
    They are very intense and are recommended for people who already have a good level of fitness who want to take it to the next level.

Before I started it I was already going the gym 4 times a week and working really hard and I still found the first 2wks of insanity completely insane.(in a good way though)

I am now 4 weeks in. 5lbs down and 2.5 inches gone from my waist already.
    I LOVE INSANITY!!

If you already workout alot then go for it. :smile:
  • They are Great!! Hard work but worth it. You have to be dedicated to doing them everyday. I have about a week left and I feel great. Make sure you take measurements to track your progress. You will see inches coming off within the first two weeks. I think I am going to move on to P90X next. Good luck!!
  • kamsue101
    kamsue101 Posts: 33 Member
    I am doing my first round of P90X and just finished week 5. I have lost 21 pounds so far but have another 30 pounds I would like to lose. I'm sure it will take be all summer and I am planning on doing a second round of P90X when I finish this first round. My question is, would insanity be better for weight loss instead of the second round of P90X, or should I wait and do insanity after I finish the second round? I really like the plyometrics and all the P90X except for YogaX. It makes by back hurt, I think it over-stretches my back. Maybe I'm not doing something right but I really don't like the Yoga and am considering doing KepoX instead. Any suggestions you have would be appreciated.
  • Pariah
    Pariah Posts: 97 Member
    the first week or too is brutal. especially if you haven't worked out in a while. i thought i was in pretty good physical condition at the time, and man i was i wrong. after the first day i was really second guessing myself, but my husband did it with me each day and he gave me the motivation i needed when i couldn't do it myself. once you get into a groove, and your body begins to learn and adjust the workouts it eases up. it's still hard, but you find that you can make it through with out stopping and you don't want to die at the end. the begin of month two is a little hard, because the work outs are a little harder and new. but because you've already been working out at this level for a month the transition is a lot easier from month 1 to month 2, than it was from month 0 to month 1. it's totally do able, and a great way to get in shape. i like the fact that you don't need any extra equipment either. it's deffinately my favorite work out series i've done so far.
  • taryn_perry
    taryn_perry Posts: 193 Member
    I am doing my first round of P90X and just finished week 5. I have lost 21 pounds so far but have another 30 pounds I would like to lose. I'm sure it will take be all summer and I am planning on doing a second round of P90X when I finish this first round. My question is, would insanity be better for weight loss instead of the second round of P90X, or should I wait and do insanity after I finish the second round? I really like the plyometrics and all the P90X except for YogaX. It makes by back hurt, I think it over-stretches my back. Maybe I'm not doing something right but I really don't like the Yoga and am considering doing KepoX instead. Any suggestions you have would be appreciated.

Great job on your success thus far!!! that's amazing! 21 lbs in 5 weeks?? WOW!! What version are you doing? Lean? Classic? Doubles? My suggestion would be to do another round of P90X, then move onto Insanity. I know YogaX isn't a fan favorite, but it's SO important and worth trying to get through it. I know some of the moves are a little intense, but you certainly don't have to get into those pretzel twists to get the most out of it. Your body NEEDS to be stretched out after the types of workouts that P90X offers. If you don't stretch and reward yourself that day of "mind meets body", then your body lives in this state of tenseness, whereas, it needs to lengthen the muscles you are creating, so you can gain lean muscle mass. Here's a great video worth watching of Tony Horton speaking to Yoga X: http://www.bit.ly/THYoga

Good luck and if I can help any, let me know. I'm currently on my 4th Classic round of P90X and love the results, each and every time!! Never gets old.
  • ndnlou
    ndnlou Posts: 29
    Thanks for the information
  • chrit4u
    chrit4u Posts: 34
    HELLO ALL. I DO INSANITY AS WELL. BEFORE I WAS GOING TO THE GYM 5 TO 6 TIMES A WEEK AND RUNNING 5 MILES 3 TIMES PER WEEK. I AM ON WEEK 3 AND STILL STRUGGLE. INSANITY IS A TOUGH WORKOUT, BUT I LOVE THE CHALLENGE. I TRY TO RUN AS WELL. MY PROBLEM IS I STILL CAN NOT LOSE WEIGHT. I LOST 3 POUNDS BUT THAT IS SINCE I HAVE JOINED THIS SITE. I AM HOPING AND PRAYING THAT IT HELPS. EVEN BEFORE I DID NOT LOSE A POUND. MY BODY IS CHANGING BUT REALLY SLOW! I GET SO UPSET! I WORK OUT HARD ENOUGH THAT I SHOULD LOOK BETTER. HOWEVER, I AM TRYING NOT TO COMPLAIN....I AM GOING TO KEEP TRYING. KEEPING TRACK OF CALORIES HAS HELPED ALOT. I JUST WANNA THANK EVERYONE FOR ALL OF THEIR SUPPORT.
  • jmb1510
    jmb1510 Posts: 45 Member
    I am starting Insanity today and I have a question about mixing in a little P90x. Is there one workout I could skip and add the arm workouts from P90X? I don't want to lost those muscles. Thanks.
  • kamsue101
    kamsue101 Posts: 33 Member
    Thanks for answering. I plan on doing another round of P90X and I will keep doing the Yoga. Maybe I will eventually start to enjoy it or at least not hate it. Also, I worked out for a month getting ready for P90X. I was doing the eliptical 45 minutes burning 450 calories 5 times a week and working with weights 3 days a week. But I was not getting the results with that workout that I am with P90X. I did lose 12 lbs. during that first month. During the first 3 weeks of P90X I didn't lose any weight but lost 1 1/2 inches around my waist. I guess that proves that I was gaining muscle and loseing fat. I am already down one size in my jeans and working for the next size smaller. I am hoping that by the end of the second round of P90X I will have lost another 10 to 15 lbs. Those first pounds come off easier than the later ones do. I have a total of 30 more pounds of fat I would like to lose. Mostly, I want to be able to see some of the definition I am creating in my muscles and I have to lose this layer of fat to be able to see that. I am already feeling so much healthier and looking firmer. My husband can definately see a difference. It's working and that is helping to keep me motivated.
This discussion has been closed.