Hi Loves! 40 lb. in 5 mnths or less. Possible?

Options
2»

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Let me see if I understand you correctly.

you want to lose 8 inches off your waist, 8 inches off your butt, and not a single fraction of an inch off your bust...

and you want us to tell you that is possible in 5 months or less?

No, let ME see if I understand her correctly. Her BOYFRIEND loves the way her *kitten* looks but she goes away each week with her HUBBY? That kind of juggling surely burns some calories. :laugh:

That's what I thought, too!
  • kaitgettingfit
    Options
    Absolutely... I did it.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Totally Possible :):)

24cgtc3.jpg
  • cma17
    cma17 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    My dad has lost 24kg's (52lbs) in three and half months now he had a lot to loose at only 5'6 he weighed 136kg's. but he is supper mussely and fit walks a minimum of 5km 3 days a week with weight. (but he has now got even fitter and walking 10km once a week). he gyms it every morning and works in a physical job. He did this when he was big but just eating healthily and smaller potion sizes has done it for him. Me 5 months 10kgs less to loose therefore lower body fat =)
  • kwilliams386
    kwilliams386 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    It is possible, depending on how much you have to lose. I am sure those who did lose 40lbs in 5 months didn't ONLY Have 40lbs to lose. your last 10-20 lbs wont come off as easy. To lose that much weight you have to have a 934 calorie deficit a day. I have 20-25 to lose. That means I would only be able to net 766 calories a day, which I CAN do, but not on a daily basis without making myself sick. You should also keep in mind that losing that much weight at that rate, you will also lose LBM. If you care, do strength training, but it may slow your process. If you don't care, then have at it! Maybe push yourself hard with a large deficit for the first 20-30lbs and then re-examine your strategy? Good luck with your goals!
  • pghfan
    pghfan Posts: 119
    Options
    . for the first 2 1/2 weeks with intensive workouts i gained about 5 pounds. its was discouraging until i realized that i was gaining the weight in muscle. i

And I won't even touch that one, five pounds of muscle in 2 weeks. Impressive! :noway:

me likey you

does that make me inherantly evil?
    :flowerforyou:

Probably but it's okay. Welcome to the dark side! :wink:
  • TigressPat
    TigressPat Posts: 722
    Options
    . for the first 2 1/2 weeks with intensive workouts i gained about 5 pounds. its was discouraging until i realized that i was gaining the weight in muscle. i

And I won't even touch that one, five pounds of muscle in 2 weeks. Impressive! :noway:

me likey you

do you have cookies?
  • pghfan
    pghfan Posts: 119
    Options

me likey you

do you have cookies?

Six boxes of Girl Scout Cookies hiding in the freezer!
  • TigressPat
    TigressPat Posts: 722
    Options

me likey you

do you have cookies?

Six boxes of Girl Scout Cookies hiding in the freezer!

ooh! I'm so there!
  • Mtleiker
    Mtleiker Posts: 160
    Options
    Wow how'd u know! Cause I did :)
  • Mtleiker
    Mtleiker Posts: 160
    Options
    People come here for motivation and help. If ur going to make mockery don't comment. It's mean and some people truly get hurt.
  • RWonka5
    RWonka5 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I started on January 10, 2013. I have lost 29 pounds which includes 9 inches off my hips, 8 inches off my waist and 5 inches off each thigh. I am on a healthy (lots of veggies, fish, chicken and turkey with little beef and NO soda) 1200-1300 calorie diet. However, I give myself a little wiggle room to cheat so that I won't break down and binge. I'm walking/jogging six miles a day on my treadmill, and not much else. I started out weighing 201.2 pounds. I'm 5' 4" and 40 years old.

Anything is possible if you set your mind to it, and it doesn't have to feel like you're depriving yourself. Good Luck in your journey!!
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hey guys, I'm new to this fitness thing and I'd really appreciate some friends to help keep me motivated. I have lived a very traumatizing life, but now I feel that it is time to get over everything, stop feeling sorry for myself and work my *kitten* off! What am I working towards, you might ask? To feel, look and be the best possible me! I really believe diet and exercise has slowly caused the rejuvenation of my body and mind. I feel more happy in the short time that I have been working out then I have for years.

I am not ashamed to admit it! After pregnancy I weigh 201 lb. I am 5"7 1/2 in. My measurements are 38-31-47.
    My ideal weight and measurements would be 150 lb. and at 38-23-39. I love my *kitten* and so does my boyfriend so I want to keep as much as possible while still being able to wear short skirts, dresses and shorts without everything hanging out! Marilyn Monroe's measurements are 36-23-35 and Kim Kardashians are 34-26-39. My goal is sort of a stolen mixture of Marilyn's waist and Kim's booty. (:

The way I am going about this is cardio, cardio cardio! 45-60 minutes of elliptical or treadmill about 5 days a week. Along with about 20-30 minutes of weight training about 3 days a week. I also "Zumba" in my room sometimes! Lol. My hubby and I go every weekend to our wild life refuge and climb rocks while we are there. Add in some crunches and a couple of free exercises about 3-4 days a week and that's it. I have not weighed myself since I have started last month on the 22 so my weight may be less than 201! Hopefully!

As for my diet, I have been drinking plenty of water each day and eating as healthily as possible. I am unsure of how the whole calorie deficit bs works so if anyone feels they are able to make me understand I'd love the help! Idk if you are able to view my food diary but what I ate yesterday seemed to be good with how many calories I burned yesterday. I have been adding plenty of fiber, fruits, some veggies :p, lean protein to my diet and have completely quit all soda, juice and sweets! Feels amazing, btw. But the reason I am unsure of myself is that I dont really see much difference in the mirror. Why is it taking so long!? Am I doing the right things? Help me please!

Love Always,
    Porche :heart:

I am 5'3". I weighed 190 pounds after delivering my youngest.
    MFP set me at 1200 calories a day, but breastfeeding burned 600 calories a day.... add 300 a day for exercise= around 2,100 calories a day

I honestly didn't see the diference in the mirror either. We didn't have a scale so I based my success on how my clothes fit.
    I wish I could be as active as you are. That is going to make a diference. Just remember to Overestimate the food you eat ( it is easy to over do it when you are guessing on serving sizes- especially when the lable says " about 12 pieces") and Underestimate the exercise. Don't forget to log the drinks... You wouldn't believe how many calories you get drinking pop each day.

If you have any questions, send a message. I'd be glad to help if I can.