No food? Dumb. No water?!?! You're not a raisin!

fiendiish
fiendiish Posts: 186
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
I did something SOOOO stupid. I didn't eat breakfast this morning, then about lunchtime decided to go for my 2.6 miles walk. I thought, well...I'll eat lunch when I get home. No biggie. Drive out to the park and realize...all I've had to drink is coffee today! Dumb....but I'm here...so I'll walk it...go home, eat...and drink a couple of water bottles.

OMG...that was the hardest walk EVER. My legs were cramping...I felt exhausted! It took me what felt like forever to finish the trail.

SO. DUMB.

Moral to the story: eat and drink before any and all workouts. Duh. :embarassed:

Replies

• smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Don't do that if it's hot and you're alone! What if you had passed out? I hope you feel better and get your energy back
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Yikes! I would have turned around and got something to eat and drink then go. That can be scary. Hope you are doing ok
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    lesson learned :flowerforyou:
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    I always keep a gallon of water in my vehicle...always!
    Texas summers are no joking matter....

The hubs' truck died yesterday & when I pulled up, my son looked awful....yeap, got that water jug out and just like mama said not to...right from the jug!

pre-college, I had to keep some just in case the car started smokin'....again! ha hahah
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Glad you made it home safely....
  • becca09
    becca09 Posts: 54 Member
    aww no. hope your better now and dont have to go through it again :)
    when i wake up i always remember to have cerial or something.
    i dont leave home (for a workout or food shopping) without eating a meal 30 mins - an hour before.
  • AlyssaC2010
    AlyssaC2010 Posts: 100
    I bet that was a tough walk...I'd always carry some water w/ you on your workouts too. They'll make you feel much better if you drink during it.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    You too?:laugh:
    pre-college, I had to keep some just in case the car started smokin'....again! ha hahah
  • tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    I learned that lesson in a martial arts class. Hadn't eaten all day and then started this killer drill hitting the heavy bag as hard and as fast as you can for 1 minute. After I was done I went to the back of the line and started telling the instructor that I wasn't feeling so good. I didn't actually black out, but things got dark for about 5 seconds and if I hadn't been caught I would have hit the ground pretty hard. Low blood sugar seemed to be the culprit, cause they gave me some sweets and I felt better almost instantly. Now i"m very careful to get some good nutrition an hour or so before I work out. Glad you learned your lesson without any anoying unconsciousness. :-)
This discussion has been closed.