What small/silly things motivate you?

Options
I want to be able to wear necklaces without feeling choked or worrying that the chain will look to short.

I want to be able to tuck in a shirt if I want to.

I want to buy cheap, cute rings at stores because they will actually fit my hopefully skinnier fingers.

I want to go to Vegas sometime. When I do, I want to be able to look good dancing. Or at least not fat.... not sure how good I will ever look dancing, but I like it.

Replies

• ndearing0501
    ndearing0501 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Keep these things in mind and keep working hard at it and you will get there! Find what's most important to you and tape it to your mirror and remember it as motivation. I use buying cute workout clothes as my silly motivation. But my big motivation to to take care of myself so I can live a long time for my husband. He's lost so many immediate family members at such an early age, death is hard on him. I don't ever want him to have to deal with my loss, so I eat right and workout for him! And to feel good about myself of course! Good luck! I know you can do it!
  • nookeetoone
    Options
    Im motivated by wanting to live longer, wanting to be more energetic and of course I have so many cute clothes that I wanna wear. Plus it would be one less stress out of the world.
    Also wanting to look younger! the only way I can do that is by being healthy.
  • MizVandyk
    MizVandyk Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    my yoga pants!
  • alexapatel
    alexapatel Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    To not be the fourth biggest girl in my class anymore.
  • YAYJules
    YAYJules Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Strolling into any old store and buying whatever I want to wear!!
  • peopletalk
    peopletalk Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    To not be the fourth biggest girl in my class anymore.
    this one!!
    i always feel like i'm the biggest in my class/work or second biggest.

i also think i would have THE BEST fashion sense if i could actually fit clothes.
    i'm at a weird stage. i can't fit clothes in normal stores most the time, but i'm too small for plus size stores.

i also wan't to be able to wear shorts during the summer/when i goto mexico next feb.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    the 50 shades books motivated me.
  • juniperbug1980
    Options
    Being able to run without my belly bouncing.
    Boots that don't cut in the calf.
    Looking good in clothes.

As for not being the biggest person in the room- that came to me last year and it was one of the greatest moments. And when I realised the other day that I'm nowhere near being the biggest person anymore, that was even better!
    .... not sure how good I will ever look dancing, but I like it.

If I'm ever in the country we'll go dancing together and you'll look graceful. I look like that woman from Seinfeld when she dances, but also while having a seizure!
  • marybell82
    marybell82 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    my own motivation comes from standing in front of the mirror in a sports bra and shorts and jumping or jogging in place, if i see my belly jiggle, it makes me want to work out harder to tighten and tone.

Also, im very competative, at work all the girls are on a health hype doing biggest loser. So, Ive started improving my eating habits.
    Even though its hard with a fully stocked snack cupboard at work.

On Facebook, everybody is posting their workouts, and back into the fitness hype due to summer almost being here.
    Seeing others posts, pushes me to work harder with my work outs. Especially if its someone i know, im competative. lol

On instagram ive added fitness motivation, janelle summers, chalene johnson, Beachbody, and just all the healthy, fitness motivation users, so that i can see people challenge each other on certain plyo or yoga moves, seeing others do it, motivates me to succeed too. =)
  • KassLamb
    KassLamb Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    All of my panties are plain, solid-color cotton from Wal Mart. All my bras are plain white and boring. There's no point in spending money on cute or sexy lingerie if I don't look cute or sexy wearing it. But I really want cute/sexy matching bra and panty sets. One of these days.... I WILL buy some and I WILL look good in them!
  • debrayturner
    Options
    Watching my 6 year old daughter copy me running on the treadmill, and hearing my kids talk to each other about eating healthy.
  • AlaskaLady07
    Options
    I want to be able to climb the Alaskan mountains ease, hunt & fish with more energy, gather food with strength :)
    I just started insanity and Brazil butt lift.
    God willing I will go through with flying colors:)
    Anyone feel free to add willing to give and receive support
    Best of luck with all your goals:) an mine;)
  • KevinsCatie
    KevinsCatie Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Boots that don't cut in the calf.

^^^ This, and I never even realized it until I read this. I have a pair of cowboy boots that have gotten pretty tight since I bought them and it never dawned on me why!!!
  • ChelleSimmo7
    ChelleSimmo7 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    wanting to exit the relm of depression that i have fallen into due to dissatisfaction of the way my body not only looks, but feels. I dont just want to look pretty, i want to FEEL pretty. I want to wear dresses and skirts without leggings and my thighs chafing so bad they swell and scar. I want to wear shorts!! like real shorts, that dont go down to my knees. I also want to be able to go out into public and feel like my boyfriend and I belong together.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    wanting to exit the relm of depression that i have fallen into due to dissatisfaction of the way my body not only looks, but feels. I dont just want to look pretty, i want to FEEL pretty. I want to wear dresses and skirts without leggings and my thighs chafing so bad they swell and scar. I want to wear shorts!! like real shorts, that dont go down to my knees. I also want to be able to go out into public and feel like my boyfriend and I belong together.

your profile pic is gorgeous. :)
  • What316
    What316 Posts: 563
    Options
    When I buy clothes I have to go so far back I end up in narnia I'd like to pick clothes from about the middle of the rack
  • gmccomsey
    gmccomsey Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to wear regular jeans. I am tired of elastic waist pants. My goal is SNAPS, BUTTONS & ZIPPERS on pants and jeans that don't look like the seams are about to bust open. I want to show my new curves not the old flab.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    My spiked leather bracelet. It had gotten too tight to comfortably wear. It's wearable now, but I liked the swing it had on my wrist before.
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I have some big motivations (sick of feeling crappy physically and mentally, and my wedding in 18 months)...but some smaller ones are:

So I can stop looking and feeling fat and unfit compared to coworkers twice my age who have multiple kids! Embarrassing!

So I don't have to avoid walking in the office door at the same time as someone else, because that would mean walking up the stairs with them and letting them see how out of breath I get.

To wear shorts for the first time in 11 years...literally.

To not have a mini panic attack when I see that someone tagged me in a Facebook photo.

To feel good about myself at the beach, so I can actually GO to the beach! I live in Orange County and have been to the beach maybe twice in 7 years, other than this secluded rock beach where we just have picnics- no bathing suits, no one around to prompt feelings of inadequacy, etc.
  • parney06
    parney06 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Shopping motivates me. I never like the way I look when I try on clothes. So I usually buy what fits rather than what's cute or in style. I'm tired of looking frumpy and dressing like my mom and her friends.

I also, what to look good in a pair of jeans ans be able to sit down without that "tire" handing over my pants.