Fat people and Amusement Parks

Options
13»

Replies

• MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    And by the way you look GREAT in your profile photo...sexy, curvaceous, feminine.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    My sister swears to this day that I almost killed her at great adventure on the Pirate Ship because my big stomach did not let the bar close far enough for her skinny self sitting next to me! LOL Keep that in Mind
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success, and have a wonderful time! Your figure is rockin' by the way!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Most parks will hve a 'test seat' near the entereance for the ride. That way you can see if you fit without having to wait in line! I am sure you will.

Even at my heaviest, size 24 (though 5"9" tall), I fit on most rides. I was mortified when on one ride at Dollywood the attendant had to hold up the coaster and push REALLY hard on my restraint for about 2 minutes, then had me unzip my jacket to get it to fit. It was embarrassing.
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Embrace the fear and use it as motivation!

This exactly! You used this trip this whole time as motivation keep on it and keep going forward! At a size 16 I really doubt you will have any issues getting on the rides! Best of luck and HAVE A BLAST! I am doing the same! I have a trip to Disney planned in October. And I have TONS to loose before then so Seeing your post helps motivate me more!!! :drinker:
  • MrsScheidt
    MrsScheidt Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I was a size 18 and still able to fit into all of the rides at six flags. even the ones that go over your chest and buckle between your legs. Don't worry, you will be fine!!!
  • MrsScheidt
    MrsScheidt Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Most parks will hve a 'test seat' near the entereance for the ride. That way you can see if you fit without having to wait in line! I am sure you will.

Even at my heaviest, size 24 (though 5"9" tall), I fit on most rides. I was mortified when on one ride at Dollywood the attendant had to hold up the coaster and push REALLY hard on my restraint for about 2 minutes, then had me unzip my jacket to get it to fit. It was embarrassing.

This has happened to me before when I was a 22/24 and by the time they got me buckled in, all I could think about was, what if this thing comes open???
  • lyndyb88
    lyndyb88 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Theme parks were my motivation too...I went with my former boyfriend, my best friend, and her bf, and we all went to get on a ride...they let me get on...then in front of everyone made me get off because the belt wouldn't go around me...i was so humiliated i went out to the car and cried...I still have a LONG way to go but I was motivated to start by that experience! I think at a 16 you'll be just fine...my best friend was an 18 at the time and had no trouble fitting in the rides
  • slsherwood51
    slsherwood51 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Be aware of your hip and thigh size since those will interfere with rollercoasters that have seatbelts or those bars that come down. Most amusement parks have the size restrictions right on their web site.

I had to walk off the Millennium Force at Cedar Point once because my butt was too big to get the seatbelt to latch. I had rode it the year before and weighed about the same, but my butt was bigger.

I never want to take that walk of shame again.
  • christineinsideout
    Options
    You don't know how many times I have Googled this before heading to a park. I live in Florida and Orlando is just a few hours away, so I'm always being invited to join a group and go. I am still traumatized by Islands of Adventure. I was a 20 with pretty proportional weigh and barely fit. It WAS devastating and to this day haunts me. On the otherhand, I have NEVER had an issue at Disney. Even though I still hold my breath a little watching people in line get on the ride, I know I will always be able to ride and have a great time with everyone else. Obviously I hope to continue losing weight, but like someone else said... riding with no worry will definitely be a victory for me. :)
  • BigAndTallSection
    BigAndTallSection Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I can only say that I have not been to Six Flags since I was about 275lbs. I am 6'3" so 275 on that frame is not super huge. I would say I was about a 40 or 42 waist size and wore a 2xt shirt. I did not encounter a single ride that I did not fit in then.
  • ksloop00
    ksloop00 Posts: 144
    Options
    You will not have a problem!
  • ajanmillie
    ajanmillie Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    exactly. at your height/weight, you should have no problem. i went to knoebels when i was a size 26, and I am 5 ft tall and i could not fit on any rides.
  • amstill314
    Options
    I agree with the previous poster that said you should let the fear be your motivation! That being said, I honestly don't think you'll have a problem. I've gone there as a size 14/16 myself without any issue. If you do have concerns, check out the Six Flags website - I believe they do have their size restrictions listed.

Whatever you do, don't cancel the trip out of fear! That might be the thing you'd end up regretting most out of the options in this situation.
  • x3BeccaBearx3
    x3BeccaBearx3 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    you will for sure fit!
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    First of all, you look gorgeous in your profile pic - amazingly tiny waist (makes me envious actually)!...
    I don't think you will have any problem getting on the rides.

You will be just fine, get out there and enjoy the rides! Also I am SUPER jealous of your figure - wow!