How to get super skinny legs?

Options
13»

Replies

• xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    My problem is also my legs. It's irritating, because I have a similar situation where no matter what I do my legs won't change, but I want them to be toned and muscular, not skinny mini. However, since my lower body is my problematic area, it also means a fuller bandonkadonk and I can't say that I really mind that too much.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    This is simple OP

You have to tie a rubber band around your waist, run, eat at a deficit, and do lower body exercises.

:flowerforyou:
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    It's all genetics. Tone up your legs and get them nice and firm and strong. Unless you have some radical proceedure, you will probably always have bigger legs - might as well get them strong and looking good.

This!^

I'm a pear ... I will always be a pear .... at 156 pounds and at 106 pounds (yikes!)

True story. I was a pear at 100 pounds, and a pear at 175 pounds. Just went from a bony pear to a fat pear.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    This is simple OP

You have to tie a rubber band around your waist, run, eat at a deficit, and do lower body exercises.

wait he wants skinny legs....so he shouldn't do exercises....just pull himself around by his arms...like a seal or some **** like that.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    This is simple OP

wait he wants skinny legs....so he shouldn't do exercises....just pull himself around by his arms...like a seal or some **** like that.

This.

This lady knows her stuff.

Still do the deficit though.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    This is simple OP

This.

This lady knows her stuff.

Still do the deficit though.

why thank you!!!

and yes eat at a deficit....like 1200 calories...sound good.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    Get skinny genes.
    Hahaha! THIS!

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    men shouldn't aspire to wear skinny jeans. they should have to struggle to find jeans that barely contain their thighs.

applause-gif-tumblr-47_original.gif?1363040789
    I lost interest at thighs.
  • MsPudding
    MsPudding Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Get some dark eyeshadow and carefully shade in few inches on the outside of either leg....voila, your legs will appear slimmer.

This tip comes to you from The Big Book of David Guest Style Secrets.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    My problem is also my legs. It's irritating, because I have a similar situation where no matter what I do my legs won't change, but I want them to be toned and muscular, not skinny mini. However, since my lower body is my problematic area, it also means a fuller bandonkadonk and I can't say that I really mind that too much.

What is your current lifting routine? How often do you squat and dead lift?
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Why not build muscle in your chest and get in proportion rather than attempting to do something your body has no intention of doing?

That would also LOOK better than being skeletal all over.

Yes!

I am totally confused by this thread.
  • fruitleaf
    Options
    My legs are genetically on the bigger side but my upper body is small so I understand your frustration. I used to walk on the treadmill at 3.5 mph and noticed my legs just got bigger and bigger (my calves, especially) so eventually, I gave up on walking and started running longer distances at 6.0 mph instead. I've noticed a HUGE difference since then. :) My legs aren't as bulky and look a lot more thinner than when I was just walking. I don't know if it'll work for you, but it worked for me. ^^;
  • _Lori_Lynn_
    _Lori_Lynn_ Posts: 460
    Options
    My goal is not to lose weight, but to get skinny legs.

My upper body is very skinny, more like skeloton, but yet legs, calves, thighs are big.
    I don´t know why.
    I dont want to have big legs, i want skinny as possible, but when i try to do some diet, i lose only weight, but legs still fat :(
    I hate my legs, please, how to get skinny legs?

Dosent matter if i diet and eat 1000 calories, or eat normal and jog 1800 calories, legs still are not going any slimmer.

You may need liposuction to spot reduce your legs. I know Victoria's Secret Models won't work their legs to keep the "skinny look" in them. My legs are the most muscular part of my body. I have lost count of how many men have complimented them. I don't EVER want to lose my muscles there. Interesting how everyone has a different view of what "sexy is". I would cry if they went skinny and unmuscular.
  • blu_meanie_ca
    blu_meanie_ca Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    If you have under develped muscles and a very low body fat % your legs would look "fat" in comparison, as those muscles would still have some function. I'm going on a limb and presuming you are still mobile. If you are a very low body weight and still belive that your legs are fat, then the rest of you is too thin.
  • Prismapencils
    Options
    When you do certain sports or workouts, your body will eventually get the shape that's ideal for your sport and if you look at the runners, they always have super slim butts and legs. Good luck!

Ugh. I have the same problem as the original poster. I've inherited my dad's T-rex thighs and not my mom's chicken legs. I've also got a bubble butt from all the women in my family. Will running do anything with this? Even though on swim team in high school and a stick, I still had a butt and bigger thighs than the other female swimmers. Buoyancy. XP
    . If you are a very low body weight and still believe that your legs are fat, then the rest of you is too thin.

Mmm. Nope. My upper body has always been small as well. (I rock XS shirts yet used to wear size 11 jeans. Now, I dunno. They're a little big in some areas depending on brand. Anywho...) Some people are just built differently...sheesh.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Sounds like someone else with body image issues and disordered eating.

Agreed. Some of the responses here are pretty tasteless in that light also.

OP: Please consider seeking some kind of help. Sounds like you have a very unhealthy view of yourself.

This. If my upper body looked skeletal, I'd get in the gym, eat lots of healthy food especially protein, and build it up again. I appreciate the need to be symmetrical, but I think it's healthier to build up the too skinny bits rather than try to starve the better built parts. OP, you're clearly nowhere near obese if your upper body looks skeletal... seriously build yourself up, don't starve yourself. You'll look better and feel so much better for it.