New Here,

Options
Hi All

Well, randomly searched for something to help out and found the iPhone app, looked good so thought I'd join up here.

Nice to meet y'ou all. :)

A little bit about me.

I've always been a bit of a human yo-yo, I've reached 25 stone in the past, and my smallest since age 12 has been about 14 stone, I know how to do things but the willpower is just lacking most of the time. Now at 36 I really feel like I'm reaching my last chance to sort myself out. By the time I am 40 my goal is to be 'normal' in weight which I feel would really help with everything in my life.

Anyway. This place is really impressive I hope I can stick to my guns and help others do the same!

Edit: Currently around 24 Stone, or about 325lbs. Ouch.

Replies

• Sebastiansmommy
    Options
    Welcome aboard:flowerforyou:
  • becca09
    becca09 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    hey i have a question, how do you post a new forum topic? i know how to reply but dont know how to make a new topic and its depressing :( lol
  • dj_stevie_c
    dj_stevie_c Posts: 270
    Options
    Top left of the main page is a 'new topic' button.

at least that's how I did it :)
  • becca09
    becca09 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Welcome, had to get a chuckle out of your profile picture. LOL. This is a great place with lots of tools for success.
  • nursee67
    nursee67 Posts: 503
    Options
    Welcome! Use the site to your advantage..lots of great support and information! Good luck!
  • dj_stevie_c
    dj_stevie_c Posts: 270
    Options
    So far I have to say the more I've used it the more I'm impressed.

Really good site, really good app (with a few bugs but nothing serious). Great stuff.

If there's only one thing I'd suggest is that the weights of portions are shown :) for example if you choose wholemeal bread 1 slice, it doesn't say wether it's half loaf or full loaf size (I think the difference is 30g vs 47g or something.

Same (oddly) with Birds Eye Crispy chicken, I've seen it listed elsewhere as 190g as the portion size and 95g as the portion size. Makes it a little hard to judge some things but that's not really a big deal :) most things are absolutely fine.
  • Loulouslim
    Options
    Welcome, I joined today and so far so good

Good luck, I think they key is, is to come on here every day.

I will use my iphone to update my food as I eat, but will come on the site very evening to find some motivation to get to the next day