Feeling "Light"

OK, who else has experienced this. When I started my weight loss journey, I was 248. When I got down to about 240 I started working out. I felt "Light" on my feet. Bounced around the house and had all sorts of energy. I worked out 5-6 days per week with circuit training classes, cardio (walking or elliptical) and some weight training. I would do extra sit ups or push ups while watching TV, Leg lifts between commercials etc. I felt great. There were a few days where I was sore, but I worked through those by taking a slow long walk. Even a little soreness seemed to work out once I started my workouts. Well, I hit 223 and I feel like crap. I'm sore, walking around like an old man, don't have much motivation etc. I don't feel "LIGHT" anymore, and I"m 15 lbs lighter than when this started. Do any of you feel "light" on days and "heavy" on others? (if this makes sense)

Replies

• macvatte
    macvatte Posts: 1
    check your diet. Your not eating enough
  • yankeedownsouth
    yankeedownsouth Posts: 717 Member
    Have you been lifting heavy a lot? Maybe you need a lifting break. I was feeling great up to about a week ago (light, tight, and energetic), and then I just hit a wall. Always sore and tired. At the urging of my MFP peeps, I'm taking a week off of lifting to let my body rest and repair. I'm looking forward to not waking up in pain.

Maybe it is something similar for you?
  • mgsimon
    mgsimon Posts: 18
    check your diet. Your not eating enough

Certainly could be the case! As many have stated, it is awfully hard to put those extra calories in my body, especially when the scale hasn't moved when I've tried it before. Maybe I just need to give it a little more time. Thanks.

I am not "lifting heavy" but I did try my hand at a 5k. The route is through my neighborhood and it is this Saturday so I did a combo walk/jog/run on the route last Tuesday. Leg's haven't been the same since. I may need to take a few days off myself as I'm so sore I'm not effective in my current workouts.
  • mgsimon
    mgsimon Posts: 18
    bump - anyone else have this experience?