Best Thing You EVER Ate?

Options
I saw this show on the Food Network that has different chefs talk about their favorite meal they ever had. So, what's yours?

Mine - a local restaurant has an ahi tuna shrimp scampi with green beans and a potato medley on the side. i had to tell myself to eat slower so i could really enjoy the taste of it.

Replies

• ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Craft Steak house in Las Vega Wagyu Filet Minon
  • ChrisR0se
    ChrisR0se Posts: 1,855 Member
    Options
    Ummm
  • agbaeb
    agbaeb Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I can't say right now, but I'm bumping to hear from others. I can't decide! I love food!
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    tiramisu in a little cafe in Florence
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    ...too hot for MFP
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I have had too many great meals in my life to settle on just one as my "best".
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    I have had too many great meals in my life to settle on just one as my "best".

This. I also hope to have many more. :bigsmile:
  • TimeForMe99
    TimeForMe99 Posts: 309
    Options
    Mushroom soup at Longwood Gardens, Kennet Square PA - Mushroom Capital of the World. Followed very closely by the leg of lamb at the same meal. It was so good I didn't want to swallow it.

Best of all, both of these dishes fit my macros!
  • Superchikanthem
    Superchikanthem Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I don't remember where it was but I had a moist cushy chocolate cake with raspberry sauce.

Also I had the best ribs with roasted potatoes and veggies! I don't know what they put in that sauce but man I wish I could eat it everyday with that cake!
  • Koholint
    Koholint Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Omelette rice I had at some restaurant in Japan. It might seem kind of plain, but somehow the way it was prepared was delicious. Not sure if I was just really hungry, but the fact it was smothered in curry was probably what hooked me (now I'm thinking about Indian food... So hungry...)

For the sweet category, REAL banana or peanut butter/chocolate whoopie pies, the moist and gooey kind that you can pick up at farmers' markets in Pennsylvania... YUM!
  • weatheredcheese
    weatheredcheese Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Homemade macaroni cheese! I love cheese! Have pretty much cut it out of my diet now and have macarroni as a treat and a smaller portion than I use to have by over half!
  • MangosandMiles
    Options
    The warm butter cake at Mastro's Steakhouse. The...best...thing...EVER!
  • athryn
    athryn Posts: 59
    Options
    I had a 3 course meal at a place near here called the Inn at Little Washington. It was probably the best meal I've had in my life up to now. Everything was wonderful, from the little mini country ham and biscuits to the variety of chocolate desserts!
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Lawry's Prime Rib Restaurant in Vegas has some pretty fantastic prime rib that come in a close 2nd to my Ahi Tuna.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Rare lamb kebabs with almond rice, warm fresh bread, and baba ganoush at the Palm Palace or Taboon ( both awesome restaurants).
  • monicarcaro
    Options
    Margherita pizza from L'antica Pizzeria da Michele in Naples, Italy :):):) OMG it was the best and most delicious thing ever
  • cosplayerkyo
    cosplayerkyo Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Chiptole. My god that place is always delicious.
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Brazillian BBQ in Beverly Hills
  • Unagi Donburi and Unagi maki.

Unagi is a freshwater eel that is grilled with a sauce.
    It's very fatty, and very high in sodium.

Unagi Donburi is the grilled-saucy eel served over seasoned rice.
    Unagi maki is a sushi roll with the eel and sauce.
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I once went to a restaurant at a local ski resort and had crab cakes,a grilled cheese with mozzerella, proscuitto and red peppers, and fried cheesecake for dessert.
    DELICOUS.