What a one week break taught me

I have been on my diet and working out for about 2 months now. Since I have been eating healthier and working out I have had more energy aside from loosing weight.

Last week my wife was away for a few days which is always my time to go eat at places she doesn't like, which can be healthy or bad depending on my mood. I also stopped working out since I was working on some projects at home.

My energy level went through the floor, I had to drag myself out of bed, I had to go to bed at 10 every night because I was so tired. Before the off week I was wide awake at midnight, popped out of bed at 6 - 6:30 and felt pretty good all day.

So not only did I not lose any weight but I also got less done due to being so tired. It was great eye opener for me and some more motivation to keep up with my routine.

Replies

• ashleymcn01
    ashleymcn01 Posts: 108 Member
    Amen to that! Not only do I want to lose a few extra pounds, but as I've entered my 40's the energy level plummets if I don't get continuous exercise. It's amazing what clean eating and half an hour of exercise does for the body!!
  • JurassicKitten
    JurassicKitten Posts: 24 Member
    I love this story! It's so true! I only took 3 days off and ate badly and didn't exercise, and I've been paying for it all week with depression, anxiety, sluggishness, bad skin, etc... It's amazing the correlations you can see when you go from being healthy to not again. Thanks for sharing ^.^
  • tabik30
    tabik30 Posts: 443
    good motivation! thanks for sharing