i yo yo with the best of em...

Options
...and i'm so tired of it! at this time 2 years ago i weight 160lbs.... by fall I was down to 138 using MFP... by this time a year ago I was back at 145... and now a year later I'm at 172 :( Everyone around me eats nothing but junk- my partner is willing to eat and keep healthier foods in the house but work is nothing but junk. And I love sweets. I know that logically they're awful for me. I know that logically eating less calories than i burn is the only way to lose weight. I am motivated to get up and work out. I am NOT motivated to keep eating healthy. I get to work and people are having potlucks and there's fried chicken, mac and cheese, cake, cookies, candy, etc- that is almost a daily occurance and it is so hard to smell it and not eat it. I'll be successful one or two days and then by the third day I'm eating it. I have lost weight using MFP before so i KNOW i can do it again. I just am looking for any motivation you guys use to keep yourself from going through this yo-yo cycle. I can't deal with it anymore. I want to get healthy. I still want to be able to have a piece of pizza with my little boy at chuck-e-cheese but I want one or two pieces to be enough!! I want to change how I think about food- I'm tired of it ruling my life- HELP!

Replies

• graceylou222
    graceylou222 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Stop thinking of food as rewarding! Trust me I understand how you feel...i live in kentucky and the lady that sits next to me at work literally has KFC EVERYDAY! and there is a candy bowl sitting in front of me...havent touched it in about a month though. Once you decide that you really want to lose weight it will just hit you. It takes 21 days to break a bad habit. My trainer told me to start correcting one meal at a time. So for the next 21 days just focus on eating a healthier breakfast instead of all 3 meals and snacks, you will get too overwhelmed and give up! Then after you aren't craving bad foods for breakfast anymore incorporate lunch into the mix, and so on! You can do it! You have already taken the first step and join MFP. You can do it!
  • graceylou222
    graceylou222 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    my point of saying i live in kentucky is that i am surrounded by yummy southern fried goodness constantly lol but i learned to not give in!
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Keep weighing yourself. When you notice more than a 5 lb gain, seriously watch your intake until it goes back down. Don't let yourself get to the point where you are 15 lbs up. Just stay on top of it. Thats my plan when I reach my goal weight.
  • kabel4892
    kabel4892 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I believe in you! You can do it! Just keep in mind the big picture at the end. And its ok to have a cookie. Once you know that, then maybe you wont binge when you have something sweet. I still let myself have sweets, but I fit it in to my daily goals. Plus remember, we are human. We make mistakes. We mess up. But just keep going. Dont think of it as a diet, think of it is as a new way of life :)