Thoughts on "Sweating out a cold"

Options
So I am at the tail end of a mild, two-day cold. Except for a lingering cough, I feel great. Should I risk going to the gym today to "sweat the rest of it out", or should I rest until my personal training appointment tomorrow?

Thoughts, comments, suggestions.... all welcome!

Megan!

Replies

• ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Id like to know too. My partner always says to sweat it out to help, not sure how true it is though
  • megannnn15
    megannnn15 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    That's what all my friends say! I just don't want to come out worse than I went in.
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    I don't believe it's possible to sweat out a cold. Also, if you are sick, please stay a way from the gym. If you have to work out, then do something at home.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    depends on the type of sick you are- if you are super snifflying I might just work out at home- or be VERY meticulous about what I touch.

If you are coughing STAY AWAY.

otherwise- go- you won't kill yourself- I only skip a workout if I stay home from work. I have to be physically laid up or in pain... a cold won't stop me from working out.

And yes- working out helps kill germies by raising your core temperature- but I agree it won't "Sweat it out" you might just feel better :)
  • megannnn15
    megannnn15 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I don't believe it's possible to sweat out a cold. Also, if you are sick, please stay a way from the gym. If you have to work out, then do something at home.

ha thank you for this. In all of this I didn't even think about spreading my germs to others!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    meh- to be honest if you are tail end of the cold and just sniffling- you probably a. aren't that contagious and b. as long as you aren't sliming all over everything- you aren't going to pass more germs than aren't already there to be honest.

Again- if you are coughing stay away- but otherwise- go get your sweat on... and sanitize everything you touch- before and after.