Add these three ab exercises to your regime, and get shredde

imagymrat
imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
You may already do them, I have a 2 week turn around on my abs. Which means I do only three exercises that hit, the rectus abdominis, external obliques and serratus anterior..(which is lower ,sides and upper ab muscle groups) After two weeks I change these three exercises up, I train my abs 3x's a week, taking account that everytime I do free weight work and sprint work on the treadmill my abs are engaged. Here's my next two weeks ab workout that i'd like to share, hanging leg raises: while hanging from an overhead bar, lift your knees into your chest without curling your hips. You may have a power tower at your gym, I prefer to use the overhead bar, as it allows me to have my arms up over my head and not at my sides, but you could do this on the power tower. I do 3 sets of 25, the last set I keep my legs bent at the hip and my legs swing out in front of me, 1 set as many as I can do. Next is the oblique twist: While seated on a stability ball, hold an exercise bar accross your shoulders and wist your body 90 degrees to your left and right, 4 sets of 30. Finally rope crunches: Use both hands to grab a rope attached to a high pulley cable. Kneel two feet away from the cable machine, and use a crunching motion to pull the weight to the floor. 4 sets of 25. There is absolutely no need to do a gazillion crunches 30 different ways to see results, pick three exercises that hit all the ab muscles and burn them out! Again these are only a few ideas that you may already use to help increse strength and muscle tone in your abs, switch things up and do something different!

Replies

• SDehmer819
    SDehmer819 Posts: 441 Member
    great suggestions! thanks for sharing! :happy:
  • BUMP
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    You are excellent.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    awesome Thanks!
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Can I just say 1 thing to you -

I've been doing the classic sit up as part of your bodyweight bootcamp and I can see and feel the difference!! I've been telling everyone to forget those dumb crunches and to do sit ups instead. I swear, I may even be able to wear a tankini this summer!
  • imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Can I just say 1 thing to you -

I've been doing the classic sit up as part of your bodyweight bootcamp and I can see and feel the difference!! I've been telling everyone to forget those dumb crunches and to do sit ups instead. I swear, I may even be able to wear a tankini this summer!

I'm so incredibly happy to hear that!!!:love::love: most people don't do crunches right anyway, they pull with their arms and not their abs, crunches do work when performed correctly, but why do so many when there's so many options out there?
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    bump for later!! thanks and keep the options coming!!
This discussion has been closed.